Making Little Ones' Holiday Dreams Come True Is Even Easier For Gift-givers, As Toys"r"us Introduces 'wish List' In Stores
Company Donates $50,000 in Gift Cards to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® to Help Fulfill Holiday Wishes for Children Across the Country
October 13, 2009 // Franchising.com // WAYNE, NJ - As families prepare to help kids draft their "Dear Santa" letters, Toys"R"Us today announced the launch of 'Wish List,' making it easier for gift-givers to grant little ones' wishes this holiday season. Using Wish List, parents and kids together can create a tailored list of toys based not only on what the child wants, but on his or her age, interests and abilities. This helps guide gift-givers to make appropriate toy selections and provides parents and families more input on the gifts their children receive for holidays and birthdays. Wish Lists can now be created, updated and maintained online at Toysrus.com/WishList and in all Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores nationwide.
"At Toys"R"Us, we know that creating wish lists during the holiday season and for other special occasions are among the most memorable experiences a child can have," said Greg Ahearn, Senior Vice President, Marketing and e-commerce, Toys"R"Us, Inc. "Wish List provides families a fun way to spend time together, and at the same time, gives parents the opportunity to set realistic expectations with their kids about the presents they may receive."
To begin the Wish List process, parents and caregivers create one master account online or through in-store Registry Centers or Guest Services stations. Once registered, Wish List participants can generate as many Wish Lists as they would like for each of their children, tailoring them for specific occasions, such as birthdays or holidays. Together with their little ones, customers can browse and select products with scanning devices in Toys"R"Us stores or with the click of a button online to create and update a running list.
Customers who create a Wish List for their child can enjoy the following benefits:
- Customize a Child's List with the RIGHT Toys – Wish Lists guide gift-givers to toys that are age-appropriate and suitable for an individual child's skill level, helping to ensure that a child is not frustrated or bored with a toy.
- Set Expectations in Advance of the Big Day – The exercise of building a Wish List can be used as an opportunity to teach kids about the cost of certain products and which items are within budgetary reach, so they are not disappointed if they do not receive a particular toy.
- Rely on Expert Advice from THE Toy Authority – In making Wish List selections, toy-buyers can consult with the company's knowledgeable store associates or utilize the Gift Finder application on Toysrus.com for toy suggestions for a child's Wish List.
- Share Wish Lists Easily with Gift-Givers Near and Far – Notifying friends and family of a Wish List is as easy as sending insert cards that include the registrant's Wish List number. Wish Lists can then be printed in-store at Wish List kiosks, Registry Centers or Guest Services stations. Wish Lists can also be shared via e-mail or through social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Avoid Duplicate Gifts – Once a gift is purchased, it is deducted from the Wish List, just like a gift registry, so kids do not receive more than one of the same gift.
- Maintaining a List is Simple – Regardless of where it is created, a Wish List can be updated and maintained in any store or online. And, long after a birthday or holiday has passed, items that have not been purchased remain on a Wish List, in the event that friends and family want to give "just because" presents.
Helping the Make-A-Wish Foundation Make Wishes Come True
To celebrate the launch of Wish List, Toys"R"Us, Inc. has donated $50,000 in Toys"R"Us gift cards to the Make-A-Wish Foundation to make the holidays brighter for seriously ill children. The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Throughout the holiday season, Toys"R"Us store associates will help create memorable shopping experiences for wish kids when they visit stores nationwide as part of their wish fulfillment.
"During the holiday season, many of our wish kids dream of having a special toy, while others hope for the perfect holiday with their families, complete with presents under the tree," said David Williams, Make-A-Wish Foundation of America president and chief executive officer. "With the support of Toys"R"Us, we will be able to help grant these wishes and give children a magical holiday season with toys that top their wish lists. This generous donation will help make this a holiday to remember for some very courageous children and their families."
Wish List is available year-round for birthdays, holidays and other special occasions. The company will support Wish List through in-store signage, as well as print and online advertising.
About Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. It currently sells merchandise in more than 1,550 stores, including 848 Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores in the United States, and more than 700 international stores in 33 countries, consisting of both licensed and franchised stores. In addition, it sells extraordinary toys in two FAO Schwarz stores in the United States. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com, FAO.com and babyuniverse.com, it provides shoppers with an unparalleled online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. In addition, the company operates ePregnancy.com, an online resource for parents. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys"R"Us, Inc. employs nearly 70,000 associates worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need.
About the Make-A-Wish Foundation
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Founded in 1980 when a group of caring volunteers helped a young boy fulfill his dream of becoming a police officer, the Foundation is now the largest wish-granting charity in the world, with 65 chapters in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and nearly 25,000 volunteers, the Make-A-Wish Foundation grants a wish every 40 minutes and has granted more than 185,000 wishes in the United States since its inception. For more information about the Make-A-Wish Foundation, visit wish.org and discover how you can share the power of a wish®.