THE MAIDS(R) Provides Tips For A Happy Holiday For Hosts
Holiday Home Entertaining, Hip and Hassle-Free
OMAHA, Neb., Nov. 10 // PRNewswire // -- The holiday season tends to be one of the busiest travel times of the year. However, if you are lucky enough to skip the trip out of town in favor of hosting, don't worry! Cleaning experts at THE MAIDS® Home Services (www.maids.com), a residential cleaning service, offer the following tips to help your holiday plans go off without a hitch:
- Launder and press bed dressings for any overnight guests. Leave clean towels in each guest bedroom and top with a holiday candy piece or two to make your guests feel pampered.
- Clean out your refrigerator to make room for leftovers. Make sure you have adequate storage containers and space for the extra food before the meals begin. Leave an open box of baking soda inside to absorb any odors your holiday goodies might leave behind.
- Clean the inside of the oven and the top of the stove. You don't want the smell of roast turkey, ham or chicken mixed with the smell of last Thursday's "meatloaf surprise."
- Empty all trash containers. Clean and disinfect inside and out with warm, soapy water and a neutral disinfectant. Drop several extra trash liners inside each container before relining for a quick and easy way to remove future trash when it really starts to pile up.
- Clean the tops of ceiling fan blades and inside ceiling lamp globes. Nobody wants to wake up to a plummeting dust bunny!
- Dust all surfaces, including areas such as baseboards and windowsills. Pay attention to collectibles and picture frames -- items you'll want to "show off" to your holiday guests.
- Vacuum home from top to bottom, paying attention to areas such as the dining room, living room and kitchen, where people will congregate the most. Don't forget about your upholstery and hard-surface floors. They collect dust and dirt too!
- Empty coat closets of extra outerwear like spring jackets and sweatshirts to make room for your guests' outerwear. Consider donating any outgrown apparel to a local charity organization.
- Have a huge family? Plan ahead by moving cluttered furniture, like small end tables and large potted plants, to a spare room to allow for extra chairs and sitting space. Be sure to dust and vacuum the new furniture -- especially if it hasn't been used in a while.
About THE MAIDS Home Services
: THE MAIDS Home Services is the only residential cleaning franchise that cleans for health, providing the most thorough housecleaning in the industry. Started in 1979, THE MAIDS provides regular maintenance cleaning and additional home services to clients in over 40 U.S. states and three provinces in Canada. THE MAIDS' exclusive 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System is comprehensive and meticulous, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, environmentally preferable products and a systematically engineered cleaning method. The Maids' teams of four are professionally trained and supervised, uniformed, bonded and insured. All of this is why THE MAIDS can proudly proclaim, "Nobody Outcleans The Maids."
SOURCE THE MAIDS Home Services