Tossed(R) Franchise Salad Fest 2010 Serves Up a Summertime of Specials for Salad Lovers
Different Gourmet Salad, Different Delicious Deal Every Week, Now Through Labor Day
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. // PRNewswire // -- Tossed®, home of garden fresh salads, crepe wraps and sandwiches, today announced its second annual Salad Fest - a summertime celebration of its most popular gourmet salads. Starting the week of June 21 and running through Labor Day, Salad Fest gives Tossed customers the chance to sample a different specialty or signature Tossed salad each week - eleven salads in all, each at the special price of just $6.95*.
"Salad Fest is back by popular demand," said Eric Clark, Chief Operating Officer of Tossed Franchise Corporation. "Our loyal customers love lots of things about Tossed, but at the top are probably two items - our fresh, wholesome salads and our variety. The Tossed Salad Fest allows them to indulge both. We invite everyone to stop in during the summer months, when salads are most popular, and sample what Tossed has to offer."
Tossed's Salad Fest includes many of the chain's best-selling salads. Starting - appropriately enough - with its Summer salad, the lineup includes:
- Week of June 21: Summer Salad - Baby field greens, roasted corn, grape tomatoes, cucumber, golden raisins, strawberries and plantain chips with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.
- Week of June 28: Tossed Signature Salad - Baby field greens, roasted chicken, goat cheese, toasted almonds, mango, jicama, cucumber and dried cranberries with tossed vinaigrette.
- Week of July 5: National Salad Contest Winner
- Week of July 12: Asian Chicken Salad - Crisp hearts of romaine, roasted chicken, shredded carrots, toasted almonds, mandarin oranges, sugar snap peas and wonton crisps with honey sesame dressing.
- Week of July 19: Apple Walnut Salad - Crisp hearts of romaine, roasted chicken, apples, crumbled blue cheese, walnuts, golden raisins and honey balsamic vinaigrette.
- Week of July 26: BBQ Chicken Salad - Crisp hearts of romaine, roasted chicken in chipotle barbecue sauce, roasted corn, chopped tomatoes, roasted onions, jicama, cheddar and tortilla strips with citrus chipotle dressing.
- Week of August 2: Tossed Tuna Salad - Baby field greens, tuna salad (mixed with apples, dried cranberries, chopped baby rocket [arugul> and mayo), avocado, shredded carrots and cucumber with fat free cucumber dill dressing.
- Week of August 9: Greek Salad - Baby field greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, feta, fresh peppers and red onion with two virgins dressing.
- Week of August 16: Tossed Chef Salad - Crisp hearts of romaine, smoked turkey, bacon, cheddar, apples, hard-boiled egg and croutons with honey balsamic vinaigrette.
- Week of August 23: Spinach Salad - Baby spinach, shiitake mushrooms, roasted portobello, roasted onions, smoked bacon and croutons with balsamic vinaigrette.
- August 30: Southwest Blackened Chicken Salad - Crisp hearts of romaine, blackened chicken, chopped tomatoes, tortilla strips, black bean corn salsa, feta and avocado with citrus chipotle dressing.
Tossed's featured salad during the week of July 5 is Tropical Spice, the winner of its annual National Salad Contest. Designed by Angela Whaler of New York City, NY the salad is a delightful combination of baby spinach, blackened chicken, sugar snap peas, red onions, pineapple, fresh peppers and toasted almonds with fat free honey Dijon.
*Suggested retail price at participating locations. Limit one substitution per salad; not valid with any other offer.
Since 1998, Tossed has been the home of made-to-order salads featuring dozens of gourmet ingredients and unique dressings. Now also offering whole wheat crepe wraps made fresh throughout the day as well as sandwiches, melts, soups and smoothies, Tossed has grown from its original location on Manhattan's Park Avenue to include restaurants across the United States. Tossed Franchise Corporation, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, offers franchises to companies and individuals interested in one of the freshest, most exciting concepts in fast casual dining.