Express Oil Change & Service Center Recognizes Fall Care Month, Offers Helpful Tips For Drivers
(Chicago, IL)---As October rounds the corner and temperatures begin to drop, people across the country are preparing their homes and vehicles for winter weather. Heating systems are tested, window screens are removed and automobile safety kits are replenished. To avoid getting caught in an inopportune situation, it's important to ready your vehicle and ensure safe travel during upcoming months.
"Fall is a good time to get your car ready for the harsh driving conditions and volatile weather ahead," said Ricky Brooks, CEO of Express Oil Change in. "Any problems with your vehicle need to be taken care of before the winter hits because the cold temperatures will often make issues worse."
In honor of Fall Car Care Month in October, here are a few tips from the team of experts at Express Oil Change to keep your vehicle running like the well-oiled machine it is:
- Perform regular maintenance. It's important to keep your vehicle well-maintained throughout the year, but colder weather brings a whole new set of obstacles. Ensure the condition of your engine, battery and battery terminals, engine cooling system, air filters, windshield wipers, lights, belts and brakes. Also, be sure your oil has been changed. A good rule of thumb is to follow the manufacturer's suggested oil change intervals (typically every 3,000 to 3,500 miles), but times of service could vary depending on the type of driving--normal or severe--you do most. If your vehicle falls under any of the following, then frequent maintenance is required: it is usually in stop-and-go city traffic, it makes frequent trips under 10 miles, it idles for long periods of time, it carries a heavy load/tows a trailer or it operates in dusty, hot, cold or humid conditions.
- Prepare for the long haul. In addition to regular oil changes, understand there are many other easy ways to prolong the life of your vehicle. Tire rotation and balancing should be done approximately every 6,000 miles and brakes should be checked every six months for wear. Even seemingly small tasks such as tire tread depth and air pressure are worth checking to keep your car or truck in top form for years to come. These maintenance jobs will also ensure you are getting good fuel economy during the colder seasons.
- Keep safety in mind. In the event of an emergency, it's a good idea to have an automobile safety kit on hand. Kits should include a blanket, flashlight with extra batteries, tow ropes, windshield scrapers, jumper cables, a road map and a first-aid-kit. It's better to be safe than sorry!
- Ask the professionals. Unless you are an auto service professional, it's advised to seek the services of a reputable auto service center to perform necessary procedures and make certain you and your vehicle are prepared for winter driving. Express Oil Change offers quick, reliable oil changes as well as automotive maintenance and repair services.
About Express Oil Change & Service Center
Express Oil Change & Service Center is a recognized leader in the quick-lube and automotive service industry and the largest independent quick-lube chain in the Southeast with both corporate and franchise-owned locations. Express Oil Change has more than 170 locations in ten states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana and Texas. More than 100 locations are franchise-owned. The company expects to open 18 to 20 new centers in 2010 and increase those numbers in coming years toward a goal of reaching 230 to 250 locations in the Southeast and Texas in five years. Targeted areas in 2010 include the Carolinas, Texas and Florida as well as other strategic areas across the South.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances