Download a Full Suite of Tax Resources With H&R Block's App
Only H&R Block's App Provides Customized Tax Advice, Refund Estimates and On-the-Go Tax Help in the Palm of Your Hand
KANSAS CITY, MO, Jan 19, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- The free H&R Block Tax Central App is now available in the iTunes Store and on the Android Market with features to help taxpayers year-round. The comprehensive app answers popular tax questions, has a tax refund estimator and a customized tax information checklist to identify key filing dates and materials users need to file.
"There are plenty of financial apps out there to track your mileage or calculate your tips. But, the breadth of H&R Block's app takes it to the next level," said Mark Ciaramitaro, vice president of products at H&R Block. "It's a helpful tool that answers questions, alerts users and gives tax advice -- for free. Most importantly, though, it serves taxpayers how and where they want to be served."
H&R Block's app can be used on iPhone, iPod Touch or Android-compatible devices and includes other features, such as:
- Tax help on-the-go with a glossary of tax terms, and instant answers from The Tax Institute at H&R Block to the most popular questions submitted by taxpayers
- A quick estimate of a taxpayer's refund that can be e-mailed to the app user
- Office locator providing a phone number and directions to the office of choice, and a Products & Services feature that explains the H&R Block At Home solutions for do-it-yourself filers
- Short tax quizzes that keep track of scores and allow users to see if they are improving their tax knowledge
- Links to H&R Block video clips on YouTube that give users access to entertaining and educational tax information
The free H&R Block Tax Central App was the top finance app for over a week last tax season on iTunes
H&R Block provides guaranteed, income tax return preparation services through its company-owned and franchise offices, and the H&R Block At Home online and desktop solutions. For an online tutorial, join H&R Block's Get It Right Community tax forum, and visit its Facebook and Twitter pages. Through February, one H&R Block Twitter follower is selected daily to win a free copy of H&R Block At Home online.
About H&R Block
H&R Block Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is one of the world's largest tax services providers, having prepared more than 550 million tax returns worldwide since 1955. In fiscal 2010, H&R Block had annual revenues of $3.9 billion and prepared more than 23 million tax returns worldwide, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals. The Company provides tax return preparation services in person, through H&R Block At Home(TM) online and desktop software products, and through other channels. The Company is also one of the leading providers of business services through RSM McGladrey. For more information, visit our Online Press Center.
SOURCE: H & R Block