Quiznos Ups the Ante on Premium Value Dining With New Prime Rib Subs
Quiznos Continues Focus on Flavor With Rollout of Nine Notable New Menu Additions
DENVER, CO--(Marketwire - February 16, 2011) -
- Quiznos is introducing even more premium tastes on its broad menu of soups, salads and sandwiches with nine new menu items, including a trio of new prime rib subs that are joining its five existing prime rib signature subs.
- Prime rib subs are some of the most popular in the Quiznos lineup -- last year Quiznos customers ate more than 15 million prime rib subs. To give customers even more opportunity to indulge in this tasty favorite, Quiznos is introducing three new signature subs loaded with made-to-order prime rib:
- Prime Rib on Garlic Bread: layered cheddar, lettuce, tomato and prime rib on new Quiznos garlic bread with creamy garlic aioli
- Prime Rib & Blue: crumbled blue cheese combined with new Quiznos blue cheese dressing gives a tangy twist, along with lettuce, tomatoes and mozzarella
- Chipotle Prime Rib: chipotle mayo adds a zesty kick, alongside garlic aioli, mozzarella cheese, and sautéed onions and mushroom
- These new prime ribs subs will be permanent menu additions in the Quiznos line of signature subs, alongside current Quiznos prime rib favorites: Prime Rib Mushroom & Swiss, Prime Rib & Peppercorn, Double Cheese Cheesesteak, Steakhouse Prime Rib Dip and Bourbon Grille Steak.
- In addition to the new prime rib subs, Quiznos is offering customers even more variety with a lineup of new sandwiches:
- Ultimate Turkey Club: a toasty classic with turkey, bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and mayo
- Chicken Cordon Bleu: given the Quiznos spin with chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard dressing
- Caprese: an Italian favorite with tomato, mozzarella and basil pesto topped off with lettuce and red wine vinaigrette
- Quiznos is also rounding it out its dessert menu, adding these sweet treats for just $1.59 each:
- Apple Cobbler: apples and spices combined in a flaky pastry shell
- Dark Chocolate Bar: a moist bar of chocolate cake topped with a layer of fudge
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie: a decadently rich whole-wheat brownie
- All new menu items are now available in Quiznos stores nationwide.
- "Through the constant innovation and experimentation taking place in our test kitchen, we're exposing Quiznos customers to new Prime Rib recipes and offering them more high-quality choice than ever when it comes to selecting their lunch." - Greg MacDonald, Quiznos CEO
- "Prime rib is a Quiznos customer favorite, so I played with new flavor combinations to add to our lineup to offer an even greater variety of premium prime rib options." - Zach Calkins, Quiznos SVP, Culinary Innovation
Now in its 30th year, Denver-based Quiznos is a national chain designed for today's busy consumers who are looking for a tasty, freshly prepared alternative to traditional fast-food restaurants. Using premium ingredients, Quiznos restaurants offer creative, chef-inspired recipes for sandwiches, soups and salads.
CNN Money ranked toasty sub pioneer Quiznos as the No. 2 most popular franchise of the past decade in 2010. In 2009, Quiznos' Toasty Torpedoes® earned a spot as one of the top 10 new product introductions from the Most Memorable New Product Launch Survey. Also in 2009, QSR Magazine ranked Quiznos No. 19 overall in its Top 50 Chains in system-wide sales. In October 2007, Quiznos was recognized for leading the QSR industry in wait time performance by the Mystery Shopping Providers Association's (MSPA) 2007 Wait Time Study. In May 2007, Zagat's consumer surveys listed Quiznos in the top 5 for Top Food, Top Facilities, Top Service and Top Overall, ahead of its direct competitors. For further information, please visit www.quiznos.com.