Jamba Juice Helps National Geographic Kids Magazine Attempt Guinness World Records(R) Title for Jumping Jacks and Raise Awareness of the Importance of Leading a Healthy, Active Lifestyle
Reinforcing Their Founding Mission to Inspire and Simplify Healthy Living, Jamba Juice Locations Across the Nation Will Host Jumping Jack Events on October 11 and 12
Oct 06, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
- Jamba Juice stores in select cities across the nation will help National Geographic Kids magazine set the Guinness World Records(R) title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period. To break the record, more than 20,425 people need to complete one minute of jumping jacks between 3 p.m. EST October 11 and 3 p.m. EST October 12, 2011.
- "Let's Jump!" supports first lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign, which encourages kids and families to get healthy and active. Mrs. Obama is scheduled to kick off the 24-hour period with one minute of jumping jacks at the White House at 3 pm ET. The live feed can be seen here: http://wh.gov/live.
- People can take a pledge to jump and help break the record at www.teamupandpledge.com as a part of Team Up for a Healthy America, Jamba Juice's national grassroots campaign to help raise awareness about the nation's obesity epidemic.
- National Geographic Kids magazine encourages kids and families to get teams, classmates, organizations and communities to join in breaking the magazine's fifth Guinness World Record. The rules, official jump event locations, documentation forms and other information can be found on the National Geographic Kids' Let's Jump! website at kids.nationalgeographic.com/lets-jump/.
- Supporters include National Geographic Education; the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition; Macerich Malls; National Recreation and Park Association; SparkPeople.com; Let's Move in School, an American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD) initiative; Flash Mob America; Girl Scouts of the USA; We Can! (Ways to Enhance Children's Activity & Nutrition)(R); Let's Move Cities and Towns; National PTA; Kids Gardening, a division of National Gardening Association; WNBA; Venus Williams; and the California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (CAHPERD).
- Media are encouraged to stop by any of 20 or so key locations where Jumping Jack activities will be hosted by Jamba Juice starting in Bethesda, MD at the Venus Williams Westfield Montgomery Mall store location and continuing in a wave across America. Local in-store "Jamba Jump Ambassadors" will be checking in every 30 minutes with an update on their store jump events and videos of their event will be posted to Jamba's YouTube Channel, Lets Jump. Events at these stores will start at 12:30 p.m. PST when Jamba Maryland hosts their jump and continuing until 6:30 p.m. PST when Jamba Hawaii jumps from Honolulu. Jamba teams in the Philippines will be joining the fun as jumping events continue around the globe.
- Jamba stores across California will also be hosting jump activities from 3 p.m. PST to 6 p.m. PST on October 11, 2011. Jamba will be hosting a capstone event with over 100 participants on October 12 at 9 a.m. PST at their headquarters facility in Emeryville and will be giving away smoothies to jump participants.
- Consumers are encouraged to pledge to participate and join a local jump site to show their support for building a healthier nation. Those who pledge to jump at Jamba's "Team Up for a Healthy America" website www.teamupandpledge.com can download a 50% off their favorite smoothie coupon valid only during the jumping event at participating Jamba stores.
A complete listing of stores and jump times is attached.
Please contact Jamba's PR Hotline for additional information on this important initiative, 510-596-0100 or Jamba's Company Communications via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on local events, consumers can contact the participating store near them.
Attachments: Jamba Jump Store Locations
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50021435&lang=en
SOURCE: Jamba Juice Company