5 Steps to a More Organized, Stress-Free Holiday Season
November 23, 2011 // Franchising.com // [Cypress, CA] - Between shopping, cooking, cleaning and traveling, the Holiday season is always a hectic time of year for families. Before the chaos sets in, there are simple steps home owners can take to make room for guests and new gifts, and thus make for a more enjoyable, organized time of year.
To help consumers clean up and organize in preparation for the upcoming holidays, local storage design experts with Closets by Design can offer the following tips:
- Sort and Donate – Sorting through your closet will help you decide what you want to keep and what you can discard to make room for the bulky winter items like sweaters, scarves, hats, etc. you will receive this year. If clothes are in good condition, take the items to a consignment shop or donate to a tax-deductible charity.
- Get on Your Child’s Level – Adult furniture and organizing systems don’t translate well to children’s needs. To organize a child’s room or play area, solutions must be child-friendly, whether it is building lower shelving units or more easily accessible drawers and bins.
- Hang Up Bulky Items – Winter coats, scarves and gloves are a necessity but often leave a cluttered entry way. Mudroom furniture and cabinetry can serve more than one purpose. Shoe racks and hooks can be used for various seasons, from hanging boots and long coats in the Winter to flip flops and beach bags in the Summer.
- Clear out the Cupboards: Every kitchen’s pantry is littered with unmatched Tupperware and canned food from months ago. A thorough cleaning will allow you to see what you actually have in stock and perhaps even save you money on your Holiday grocery bills. De-cluttering will also make room for that new food processor you are bound to receive as a gift.
- Maximize Small Spaces: Whether you are hosting a Christmas party or small intimate gathering with the in-laws, your home can quickly become overcrowded. Space-saving cabinetry and furniture can make any room look larger. Consider installing a hide-away bed, or Wall Bed, that can accommodate guests by using the space for multiple purposes: a home office, craft room, and guest room when necessary. The bed can be tucked away within a unit that also provides a desk, TV stand, or workbench for wrapping gifts.
About Closets by Design
Since 1982, Closets by Design has built a reputation as the nation’s leader in the closet organizing and storage remodeling industry. The company offers customers comprehensive solutions to all their organizational needs in a short and simple process by designing, building and installing custom home offices, closets, garage cabinets, wall units, laundries, pantries, wardrobe mirror doors and other home organization systems. Closets by Design offers a wide selection of finishes, accessories and hardware. There are currently 33 franchise locations serving major markets across the country. To schedule a FREE in-home consultation or inquire about franchise opportunities, please visit www.closetsbydesign.com or call 800-293-3744.