Tips for Helping Your School (or Office) Get a Vending Machine Makeover
December 20, 2011 // Franchising.com // SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – Millions of schools and workplaces around the nation have a vending machine. Problem is, when that mid-afternoon craving for a snack hits, people have difficulty finding a healthy choice that won’t leave them feeling guilty or gaining weight after a few weeks or months. The good news is that there are healthy vending machines available that are completely stocked with guilt-free, healthy options, and many schools and businesses are opting for a vending machine makeover.
“Increasingly, people are becoming more health conscious, and they need snacks options that fit with those goals,” explains Jolly Backer, the chief executive officer of Fresh Healthy Vending (www.freshvending.com). “Having healthy snacks available is a win-win for the kids and schools, as well as offices and workers. Healthier snacks leave people feeling good and being more productive, and they will help keep everyone healthy.”
For those who would like their school or office to undergo a vending machine makeover, but aren’t sure where to begin, here are some tips for success:
- Get the facts. There are many good reasons to seek a vending machine makeover. Gather some facts about obesity, such as those provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, stating that a third of all adults are now obese, and that 17 percent of all children are considered obese. There are good reasons for wanting to provide a healthy work and school environment, all the way down to the snacks in the vending machine.
- Find supporters. The more people there are in the office or school who would like a vending machine makeover, the better. Circulate a petition or organize a committee of people to work together toward achieving that goal.
- Offer alternatives. Be ready to suggest a constrictive alternative, such as Fresh Healthy Vending. They will be more apt to jump at the chance for the makeover if they realize how simple and cost-effective it can be.
- Be heard. The powers-that-be need to know that people want healthier options in the vending machines. This can be done by writing a letter or arranging a meeting on the topic.
- Follow through. Once the school or office has been informed that change is needed, it is important to follow through with the request. While avoiding badgering them is important, it is equally vital that the issue remain on their radar screen so that change can eventually take place.
“Unhealthy vending machines are largely still in many places simply because those who make the decisions don’t realize that people want a change,” adds Backer. “Once the call for change is there, with compelling reasons for supporting it, the vending machine makeover just makes sense.”
Fresh Healthy Vending is a company that is revolutionizing the industry by providing colorful dual-climate-controlled machines that are filled with all-healthy snack options. With machines located in over 800 locations throughout the country and Canada, they have been helping to provide vending machine makeovers in hospitals, schools, and corporate offices. Each vending machine is filled with such healthy food options as drinks, fresh fruits and vegetables, protein and granola bars, yogurt, and baked crackers and chips.
About Fresh Healthy Vending
Based in San Diego, Fresh Healthy Vending is a company that started in 2010 and is revolutionizing vending machines by filling them with healthy, natural food options. Dubbed the “future of vending,” they are leading the way in healthy food vending. Their machines offer 100-percent juices, fresh vegetables, fruits, smoothies, and yogurts. The Fresh Healthy Vending machines are franchised and are being placed in schools, offices and other locations throughout the country. To learn more about Fresh Healthy Vending, visit the website at www.freshvending.com.