Red Robin Offers New Burger to Satisfy Guests’ Bacon-Buds
New entrée, skinny cocktails, sangrias and milkshake also announced just in time for spring.
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 21, 2012-- Bacon lovers rejoice! It’s a perfect time to satisfy the often-utilized, undiscovered sixth taste bud – your bacon-buds! Today, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (Red Robin) announced their newest burger that will squash any bacon lover’s strongest craving – the Big Melt Bacon Burger – available for a limited time only. The burger is topped with four slices of applewood smoked bacon, Cheddar and Swiss cheese, mushrooms and onions sautéed in barbecue sauce, crisp lettuce and ranch dressing, and served on an onion bun.
“My inspiration for the burger came from a recipe I used to make at backyard barbeques when I would add barbecued onions and mushrooms to the top of a steak,” said Red Robin’s executive chef Dave Woolley. “The combination of flavors is so delicious on a steak, and even better on a burger.”
To share the YUMMMiness of the Big Melt Bacon Burger with guests across the country, Red Robin will run its latest advertising campaign from Feb. 29 through March 22. During this time, the Big Melt Bacon Burger will be available for a special limited-time-only discounted price of $6.99. As part of the campaign, Red Robin will run TV ads featuring the burger on channels like the Food Network, USA, TBS, Bravo, Travel Channel, ABC and NBC.
Along with the burger, Red Robin introduced their newest entrée, Baja Shrimp Tacos, with ancho-seasoned shrimp, fresh avocado slices, shredded cabbage, diced tomato and a drizzle of chipotle lime sauce, wrapped in three flour tortillas. Both menu items are available for a limited time only through April 29.
Also today, Red Robin released the latest edition of their Drinks and Desserts Menu, in participating Red Robin® restaurants. The menu, which is updated with new beverages and desserts just a few times per year, includes six new adult beverages for guests 21 and over. The beverages include a new line of skinny cocktails, sangrias, and a new milkshake including:
- Skinny Absolutely Absolut® Freckled Lemonade – A light version of our Absolut® Freckled Lemonade, made with Minute Maid® Light™ Lemonade, Absolut® Citron and sweet sliced strawberries. Just 120 calories.
- Skinny Stoli® Raspberry Lemonade – Stoli Razberi® vodka mixed with Minute Maid® Light™ Lemonade and sugar free raspberry fruit flavoring. Served with a fresh lemon wedge and fresh mint. Just 80 calories.
- Sweet & Skinny Spiked Tea – FireFly™ Skinny Tea Vodka mixed with Minute Maid® Light™ served with a fresh lemon wedge and fresh mint. Just 68 calories.
- Pomme Peach Sangria – Made with red wine, fresh peach and pomegranate fruit flavors, fresh lime, orange, and a cherry.
- Italian White Sangria – Sparkling white sangria made with white wine, fresh lemon, orange, apple, a touch of amaretto, and a cherry.
- Spiked Grasshopper Shake – Red Robin’s classic Mint Brownie Shake spiked with Absolut® Vodka.
The menu will also include Red Robin’s newest dessert, which debuted on Valentine’s Day, Gooey Chocolate Brownie Cake. The chocolate brownie cake is topped with hot fudge and vanilla ice cream and served with sweet strawberries and is available for $3.99.
For more information on the Big Melt Bacon Burger and Red Robin’s other limited time offer items, or to find the restaurant location nearest you, visit www.redrobin.com.
About Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (NASDAQ: RRGB)
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (www.redrobin.com), a casual dining restaurant chain founded in 1969 that operates through its wholly owned subsidiary, Red Robin International, Inc., is the gourmet burger expert, famous for serving more than two dozen craveable, high-quality burgers with Bottomless Steak Fries® in a fun environment welcoming to guests of all ages. In addition to its many burger offerings, Red Robin serves a wide variety of salads, soups, appetizers, entrees, desserts and signature Mad Mixology® Beverages. There are more than 460 Red Robin® restaurants located across the United States and Canada, including corporate-owned locations and those operating under franchise agreements. Red Robin… YUMMM®! Connect with Red Robin on Facebook and Twitter.
Source: Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc.
Jamie Winter, 303-846-6108
Kevin Caulfield, 303-846-5470