Hero Salute: The Dwyer Group® Launches Public Protectors Franchise Advantage Program
Leading Franchisor Builds Incentive Program for Law Enforcement and Firefighters; Awards the Waiver of the Initial Franchise Fee from One of its Franchise Brands to a Qualifying Individual in Recognition of Program’s Inception
WACO, TEXAS (PRWEB) March 21, 2012 - It was at the end of the first Gulf War when franchising visionary and The Dwyer Group founder, Don Dwyer, had an inspirational idea: empower military veterans to get into business for themselves yet not by themselves. That vision grew into VetFran, a program designed to incentivize former veterans to become new franchise owners. Today, his daughter Dina Dwyer-Owens, CEO and Chairwoman of The Dwyer Group, has expanded that program to include more than 400 franchise brands across the country and is extending the vision again.
This time, however, she is pioneering a program designed to salute law enforcement officers and firefighters and to help our community’s heroes get into business for themselves through franchise incentives.
Dwyer-Owens’ program, Public Protectors Franchise Advantage Program (PPFA), offers 20 percent off the minimum franchise fee for any current or former fulltime law enforcement/fire person with a minimum of two years of full-time service.
“My Dad would have been so proud to see how far VetFran has come,” Dwyer-Owens said, noting that she, along with the International Franchise Association and other franchisors, have helped 2,100 veterans get into business, including 236 by The Dwyer Group. “The Public Protectors Franchise Advantage Program is the next logical step to help more great people own their own business.”
To promote the PPFA launch, The Dwyer Group will award the waiver of the initial franchise fee for one base level franchise from one of its franchise brands to a qualifying individual in recognition of the inception of the PPFA. Nominations will be accepted from March 20, 2012, until July 1, 2012, at http://www.leadingtheserviceindustry.com/protectors.asp.
The PPFA Award winner will receive the waiver of the initial franchise fee for a base level (100,000 population) franchise, which value, depending on the franchise brand selected, will range from $26,000 to $29,500. The minimum qualifications of the future franchisee include:
- Must currently be or have been a full-time law enforcement official or fire fighter in good standing and have served in such capacity for a minimum of two years.
- Must exhibit, to the satisfaction of the applicable franchisor, the financial wherewithal to open and operate a franchise.
- Depending on the franchise brand chosen, the required cash available of the future franchisee is a minimum of $60,000-$130,000.
- If currently employed, the future franchisee must be contractually able and willing to leave their current job to devote full-time energy and efforts to the franchise.
- Must have the necessary license (if required by applicable law) to operate the particular franchise.
- Must exhibit management and leadership capabilities to run the franchise to the satisfaction of the franchisor.
- All credit and background checks must be approved by the franchisor.
- Applications will be submitted and reviewed. There will be a three-person panel (the “PPFA Award Panel”) comprised of the Executive Vice President and the Vice President, Franchise Development of The Dwyer Group, Inc. and the President of the applicable franchise offering desired by the future franchisee, that will review the nominations, applications and qualifications of each nominee, then a final decision will be made. The PPFA Award Panel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, whether or not to bestow the PPFA Award upon any individual in the pool of nominees submitted by the July 1, 2012 deadline.
The nominations will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications listed, with finalists being selected by the PPFA Award Panel on or about July 30, 2012.
“There are so many incredible heroes in everyday life,” Dwyer-Owens added. “The Public Protectors Franchise Advantage Program is there to salute them and help them venture into business ownership. We are hopeful many other franchise brands will support this initiative, much like how they supported VetFran.”
About The Dwyer Group, Inc.
The Dwyer Group, Inc., based in Waco, Texas, is a holding company of seven franchise businesses, each selling and supporting a different franchise under the following service marks: Aire Serv®, Glass Doctor®, The Grounds Guys®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Rooter® (Drain Doctor in the UK and Portugal), and Rainbow International®. Collectively, these independent franchise concepts offer customers world-wide a broad base of residential and commercial services. In addition, Dwyer operates glass shops in New England under the Portland Glass brand name. The Dwyer Group is a portfolio company of TZP Group LLC, a private equity firm based in New York that focuses on control investments in business and consumer services companies with enterprise values generally up to $200 million. More information on The Dwyer Group, or its franchise concepts, is available at http://www.dwyergroup.com.
No Limit Media Consulting