GNC Launches Application for Android and iPhone to Extend Store Experience
PITTSBURGH, April 9, 2012 // PRNewswire // -- GNC Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GNC), the nation's largest specialty retailer of health and wellness products, today announced the release of its new, free iPhone application and introduction to Android Market. Introducing a new look and feel and several new features, the application will follow GNC's successful entry into the smartphone marketplace with its March 2011 launch of the GNC iPhone application, which has received more than 100,000 downloads to date.
"We are excited to further extend the GNC store experience by launching a new version of our application and introducing it to new users," said Jeff Hennion, Chief Marketing Officer & e-Commerce at GNC. "To make sure that we were meeting our customers' needs, their feedback played heavily into the redesign. In addition to including even more mobile commerce features, we made sure to include health and wellness resources that can be accessed from wherever their active lives take them."
New features of the GNC applications include:
- New Look and Feel: The main menu is now organized with 9 user-friendly buttons so users can quickly and easily access the information they want to find
- Health Center: Provides easy access to research by ingredient, health concern, lifestyle or goals to help customers discover which supplements are the best fit for their specific need
- GNC Who Are You? (GNC WAY): This quick guide shares information about how all parts of your body function and the GNC products that help them perform at their best
- Clearance aisle: Clearance section that allows customers to stock up on products at rock bottom prices
In addition to the new features, the original version's most popular features are still available:
- Digital Gold Card: Scan and stores Gold Card information so customers no longer need to carry it on them
- Scan, Learn, Save: Read ratings & reviews, discover in-store deals, and learn about products simply by scanning the barcode on the product or QR codes featured on store signage
- Store Locator: Find the nearest GNC store by zip code or by your current location
- Buy Now: Shop and buy directly from GNC mobile, including quick checkout enabled by PayPal
- Reminder: Allows users to set scheduled reminders to take their supplements, tracks usage, sends email about compliance, and sets timed alerts for product re-order (only available on the iPhone application)
- Deal of the Day: Offers application-only product deals
The free GNC application is available for all iPhone and Android models. To download the application, please visit the iTunes® App Store or Android Market.
GNC Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., is a leading global specialty retailer of health and wellness products, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplement products, sports nutrition products and diet products, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "GNC."
As of December 31, 2011, GNC has more than 7,600 locations, of which more than 5,900 retail locations are in the United States (including 924 franchise and 2,125 Rite Aid franchise store-within-a-store locations) and franchise operations in 53 countries (including distribution centers where retail sales are made). The Company -- which is dedicated to helping consumers Live Well -- has a diversified, multi-channel business model and derives revenue from product sales through company-owned retail stores, domestic and international franchise activities, third party contract manufacturing, e-commerce and corporate partnerships. Our broad and deep product mix, which is focused on high-margin, premium, value-added nutritional products, is sold under GNC proprietary brands, including Mega Men®, Ultra Mega®, GNC Total Lean, Pro Performance® and Pro Performance® AMP, and under nationally recognized third party brands.
For more than 75 years, GNC has been committed to bringing people superior GNC brand products using only the highest quality ingredients, manufactured under the strictest quality controls. Managing every stage of the process – from formulation to retailing – allows GNC to guarantee quality, purity and potency of GNC products.
Web: GNC.com l Twitter: @GNCLiveWell l Facebook: facebook.com/GNCLiveWell
SOURCE GNC Holdings, Inc.