Sizzler USA Adds Purchasing and Operations VPs, Announces Promotions as It Prepares for Growth
MISSION VIEJO, Calif. - () - Sizzler USA has expanded its support center infrastructure with the addition of two vice presidents and the promotion of six associates in anticipation of rapid growth.
Richard Pineda joined Sizzler as vice president of Purchasing and Supply Chain. He previously directed purchasing at McCormick & Schmick’s and Kahala, a franchisor of familiar brands such as Cold Stone Creamery, Blimpies and Great Steak & Potato. “Richard brings a unique, comprehensive business approach to purchasing, given his additional experience in operations, sales and franchisee relations,” said Sizzler USA President and CEO Kerry Kramp.
Following 30 years’ association with Sizzler in the United States and Australia, Forbes Collins became vice president of Company and Franchise Operations. Since joining Sizzler as a dishwasher when he was teenager, Collins has held cook, general manager, district manager and regional manager positions, as well as others. Most recently, he was senior director of operations. “Forbes has been an effective leader, instrumental in helping Sizzler dramatically improve its operations,” said Kramp.
Promoted from within Sizzler USA were:
- Khalad (KB) Bagul is now executive director of Safety, Security and Training, where he is responsible for the safety and security of Sizzler’s guests, staff and assets.
- Mark Lyso became executive director of Franchise Development, with new responsibilities involving real estate and restaurant site selections.
- Katie Cameron ascended to senior director of Marketing Services, with increased duties for implementing restaurant programs, as well as, serving as key liaison with Research & Development, Training, Information Technology and Operations.
- Laurie Lyso will oversee support center operations and assist headquarters departments, as well as, handle all company events, conferences and meetings as director of Office Administration.
- Steve Zarubi and Robert Clark became senior business partners, offering guidance to company and franchise restaurants.
In addition, Jerry Delaney joined Sizzler as controller, overseeing all accounting functions.
According to Kramp, the leadership team additions and promotions – as well as the company’s move to a new support center – are all intended to help prepare the company for franchise growth in California and other areas.
About Sizzler USA
From U.S.D.A. Choice steaks cut fresh in-house every day, to fresh salads, soups and baked goods – all created from scratch in real kitchens – Sizzler® is where America comes for great food and value. Innovator of the new “Family Casual” segment, guests order and pay in line, enjoying Sizzler’s signature salad bar until their meals are delivered. With a system-wide remodeling program underway and new locations being developed, Sizzler is seeking franchise partners in select markets. Based in Southern California, Sizzler USA was acquired in June 2011 by management. It franchises or owns approximately 170 restaurants in the United States, including Puerto Rico.
Editor’s note: Photo of Pineda is available at http://pressroom.sizzler.com or upon request.
Brad Ritter Communications