Child Advocates Say Keep Halloween Fun and Safe for Your Kids
SOUTHBURY, CT - (Marketwire - Sep 26, 2012) - Celebrating Halloween as a family can be a wonderful fun-filled adventure for both adults and kids. Getting creative with costumes, making homemade treats and frolicking in the autumn leaves is the stuff of great childhood memories. It should be a fun time, free of worry and pain, says DIGIKIDS®, a child ID company offering the most advanced and effective child safety ID available today. DIGIKIDS suggests following some easy security tips to keep your child safe on Halloween:
- Prior to celebrating Halloween, parents can provide a layer of security for their child by having information available in the form of a Child Safety Kit in the event he or she goes missing.
- Instruct your child to never go into the home of a stranger or get into their car. Explain what to do if someone approaches them and tries to talk to them.
- When trick or treating, children should always be accompanied by a responsible adult. Even when going out with a group of kids, a few adults should go along.
- Some towns set a curfew for trick or treating. Stick to the curfew times and go to the subdivisions and areas with a lot of homes so your kids can get in as much trick or treating as possible in a few hours time.
- If you feel your child is old enough to go out without you, plan a safe route so you know where they will be at all times. Set a time for their return home. Make sure they have a cell phone. Make sure they know to stay in populated, well lit areas.
- Instruct your child not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you. This way you can check for any problem candy and get the pick of the best stuff!
- Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their costume to make them more visible to cars.
"All these tips are equally important, however, having a Child Safety Kit on-hand will not only be helpful for Halloween, but will be useful all year long in the event of an emergency," says Brian Miller, president and COO of DIGIKIDS.
DIGIKIDS offers child ID safety kits that give parents an easy-to-carry DIGIKIDS business card-sized CD-ROM filled with information about the child in the event of an emergency. This information can then be quickly turned over to law enforcement officials, the media, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), and other agencies with data on a child that can be used for distributing pre-formatted flyers and posters -- complete with high-resolution photos and last-minute details -- anywhere in the world via internet email.
According to NCMEC, far too many parents are not prepared to act in a missing child emergency. DIGIKIDS Quick Response™ software can get this vital information into the hands of authorities anywhere in the world within minutes.
"The first 20 minutes following a disappearance are absolutely crucial," says Miller. "Quality up-to-date photos and physical descriptions are law enforcements' best aid to a safe recovery."
For more information about DIGIKIDS child ID kits, visit www.digikids-id.com
In response to the more than 2,000 missing children reported in the United States each day, DIGIKIDS offers the most advance and effective child safety program that allows parents to quickly provide law enforcement officials, the media, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), and other agencies with pre-formatted flyers and posters -- complete with high-resolution photos and last-minute details to aid in recovery efforts. DIGIKIDS is a franchise in the family of highly-ranked brands of Franchise Source Brands International™. More information is available at www.digikids-id.com
DIGIKIDS® is a registered trademark of DigiSafe Franchising, LLC. All rights reserved.
Cynthia L. Schick