Adventures by Disney Kicks Off Magical Morningat 2012 CruiseOne® & Cruises Inc.® National Conference
Final Day on Land Features Exciting Disney Presentation and Address by Brad Tolkin, Co-Chairman and Co-CEO of World Travel Holdings
October 18, 2012 // Franchising.com // Ft. Lauderdale, Fla – As the land portion of their 2012 National Conference came to a close yesterday, CruiseOne® & Cruises Inc.®, one of the nation’s top travel retail networks as part of World Travel Holdings (WTH), wowed franchise owners, agents and industry colleagues with a dynamic line-up of morning speakers. The day began with a breakfast sponsored by Adventures by Disney and an exciting presentation by Armando Acevedo, Adventure Guide.
Following the Adventures by Disney presentation, attendees enjoyed a business update from the CruiseOne® & Cruises Inc.® headquarters team, including presentations by Vice President of IT Sandi Szalay and Vice President of Sales Performance Drew Daly. Other portions of the morning’s general session included a Travel Guard travel insurance update, a presentation by MSC Cruises’ President Rick Sasso (a member of the 2012 CLIA Hall of Fame) and closing remarks by Wall, at which time he commended agents for their commitment to continuing education.
“I am so appreciative of your support, creative thinking and proactivity,” said Wall, addressing the audience. “When you return home from this week, I hope you do so with a renewed sense of passion, doing what it takes to be more than good…to be great…on a daily basis.”
The audience was also inspired by an address from Brad Tolkin, Co-CEO and Co-Chairman of World Travel Holdings, the parent company of CruiseOne® & Cruises Inc.®. In addition, attendees learned that over $59,000 was raised for the companies' charitable partner, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, already surpassing last year's record. The network’s top-producing and most innovative agents were then honored during an awards luncheon, sponsored by Viking Cruise Line. Awards included:
- Best Overall Marketing – Nancy Real & Assoc. (CruiseOne); Pam Winterstein (Cruises Inc.)
- Best Online Marketing – Ralph Santisteban & Assoc. (CruiseOne); Laura Thuman (Cruises Inc.)
- Most Creative Marketing Campaign – Captain Mark & Kathy Furlan (CruiseOne); Michael Cohen (Cruises Inc.)
- Best Local Marketing – The Green Group, ACC (CruiseOne); Julia Lotito (Cruises Inc.)
- Highest Travel Companion Seller – Tonya Newell & Vickie Foster (CruiseOne); Davene Braden (Cruises Inc.)
- Top Luxury Seller – Hargarther, Thaler & Assoc.; Lizzeth Marcos (Cruises Inc.)
- Top Sales Producer – Dean & Debbie Anderson (CruiseOne); Lizzeth Marcos (Cruises Inc.)
- Top Group Producer – Dean & Debbie Anderson (CruiseOne); Lizzeth Marcos (Cruises Inc.)
- Rookie of the Year – The Green Group, ACC (CruiseOne); Marcia Finkelstein (Cruises Inc.)
- Franchise of the Year – Gary E. Smith, ECCS & Assoc. (CruiseOne)
- Agent of the Year – John & Joan Weissman (Cruises Inc.)
Taking place after the morning session and awards luncheon were the conference’s final workshops, including:
- Land Panel (featuring Everton Santos, Regional Sales Manager, Apple Vacations; Jenny Warren, Business Development Manager, The Mark Travel Corporation; Carlos Gonzalez, Regional Sales Manager, AMResorts; Kristen Steele, Business Development Manager, Globus Family of Brands and Jennifer Reynolds, Sales Manager, Trafalgar)
- CLIA – Personal Branding
- Google Adwords
- Client Engagement Best Practices
- Vendor Group Tools
This evening, event attendees will be hosted by Norwegian Cruise Line for a celebration at the House of Blues. Tomorrow, the cruise portion of the companies’ joint National Conference begins as attendees set sail aboard Disney Dream. The three-day sailing will feature a keynote presentation by Jon Wolske, Culture Evangelist, Zappos! and a variety of activities benefitting the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
The annual CruiseOne® & Cruises Inc.® National Conference, which has become one of the industry’s hottest events welcoming an impressive roster of industry leaders, features a week of dynamic speakers, presentations and workshops designed to help franchise owners and agents grow their businesses. This year marks the company’s first-ever joint land and sea program.
To become part of CruiseOne® or Cruises Inc.®, visit www.CruiseOneFranchise.com or www.SellCruises.com. To take advantage of the companies’ special offers and book travel with a local vacation specialist, visit www.CruiseOne.com or www.CruisesInc.com.
About CruiseOne® & Cruises Inc®.
CruiseOne®, the nation's largest home-based franchise travel agent network, was founded in 1992. Cruises Inc.®, the original cruise travel host agency, was founded in 1982. Together, the companies’ 1,200+ agents are part of World Travel Holdings (WTH), one of the nation’s top travel retail networks. CruiseOne® & Cruises Inc.® are industry leaders, providing agents with innovative support, training, marketing and technology programs to successfully grow their business. The companies have relationships with every major cruise line and many tour operators and as a result, offer the highest commissions in the business. Both are consistently recognized for their efforts, including being named Royal Caribbean’s “Partner of the Year,” Celebrity Cruises’ “National Account Partner of the Year” and Carnival Cruise Line’s “Travel Partner of the Year.”
A proud member of the International Franchise Association (IFA), MinorityFRAN, and VetFRAN, CruiseOne® is consistently ranked in major editorial awards including Entrepreneur magazine's "Top 500", Forbes magazine’s “Top 20 Franchises to Start,” the Franchise Market’s "Top 100 Companies,” and FranchiseBusinessReview’s “Top Low Cost Franchises.”
Samantha Jacobs | Lani Gerlak
M. Silver Associates, 954-765-3636
On-site Cell Phone, 954-319-1787
Samantha@msilver-pr.com | Lani@msilver-pr.com
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances