Decor&You Suggests Getting Your Home Ready for the Holidays With Small Changes or Impressive Transformations
SOUTHBURY, CT - (Marketwire - Oct 25, 2012) - Nature is truly at its best in the fall when showing off its vivid array of colors and nose-pleasing aromas. This change of season is also a reminder that the holidays are quickly upon us, bringing even more visual pleasures -- usually in the form of home decorating. Before adorning your home with holiday trimmings, Decor&You® Founder and President Karen Powell suggests trying some of these small and impressive changes to make your home warm and welcoming for the holiday season.
- Adding a Centerpiece: Adding a new candelabra can instantly add glamour and warmth to an otherwise boring tabletop. Instead of white candles, use gold or red during the holidays.
- Year-Round Wreaths: Always a welcoming addition to your entry, a silk floral wreath will never wilt. Find one for each season, and always have beautiful pops of color.
- Soft Treatments: Try new pillows, rugs and more. Just by adding an area rug over your wall-to-wall carpet or hard surface can brighten the whole room. Continue to add touches of color through pillows of all sizes and textures.
- Paint and Wall Coverings: Changing the look of a wall can transform a room and is a very cost effective change, and with the new no/low VOC paint, you can skip the smell of traditional latex paints. Also, if you're a wallpaper skeptic, you'll be amazed at the textures, colors, and styles available in today's wallpaper selections.
- Tables/Seating: Throw out the card table this Thanksgiving and consider shopping for new tables and chairs that can transform a room at any budget. Bring color to a dining area with different chair fabrics and accessories that complement your color schemes.
- Windows: There are new options for shades, blinds, and curtain treatments that not only dress up those windows, but make a fashion statement at the same time, without blocking out winter light.
"With the holidays so busy for everyone, now is the time to put a little effort into your home to ensure that when company comes, you're relaxed and proud of how your home looks and feels to your guests," says Powell.
Decor&You is the market leader and second largest interior design franchise in the country. For additional information, visit the Decor&You company website at www.decorandyou.com
Established in 1998, Decor & You, Inc. (Decor) furnishes and refines America's residential and commercial interiors via a nationwide network of independent professional interior decorators, and makes it easy for people to achieve comfort, style, and enhanced value in their homes and businesses. A socially conscience company, Decor also advocates for change in the decorating industry, focusing on bringing safer, higher-quality and greener decorating options to American homes. Decor was honored recently by The World Franchising Network as one of their top 100 businesses in the services sector; by Entrepreneur Magazine as a top home-based franchise; by Red Hot Franchise.com as No. 47 on top 100 list; and Entrepreneur Magazine ranked Decor&You No. 446 in the 2012 Franchise 500 Rankings. For more information on Decor&You, go to www.decorandyou.com.
Decor&You® is a registered trademark of Powell Investors Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
Cynthia L. Schick