Ice House America Launches Franchise Ice Vending Brand: IceBorn "Fresh from the Source"
February 14, 2013 // Franchising.com // Jacksonville, FL - Ice House America, the pioneer in automated ice vending technology, announced today the launch of IceBorn, their new ice vending franchise brand. Under the IceBorn brand, franchisees will have access to three (3) bulk ice vending machine models – all are freestanding, 24/7, automated retail ice destinations offering bagged or straight-to-cooler ice that is filtered, clean and made on demand.
IceBorn ice vending machines typically require from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft. (about the size of two parking spaces for the 200 sq ft machine) and can be conveniently located in retail center parking lots. In May 2012, Ice House America launched its franchise program to further expand its existing network of over 2,500 independently-owned locations, which collectively produce over one billion pounds of ice per year.
IceBorn’s tagline “Fresh From the Source” conveys quality, freshness and convenience as the ice is neither delivered nor handled, and the customer’s hands are the first to touch the ice as it is made fresh on demand. Its patented, “born-on-site” technology, guarantees the ice is consistently fresh, clean and safe.
- The IceBorn franchise product line is the ultimate ice source as the ice is “born” on site and on demand ensuring the ice is always fresh and clean and never touched by human hands. IceBorn ice machines eliminate unnecessary carbon emissions and excessive handling due to direct store truck delivery.
- SmartIce™ Remote Management allows the owner to manage their business from computer or smart phone, including Sales Analysis, which allows franchisee to track and summarize sales hourly, daily, weekly and monthly, as well as compare with regional sales of other units on franchise network.
- Five U.S. patents protect IceBorn’s delivery and functionality technology.
- IceBorn Ice Houses require minimal oversight and little to no employee interaction.
- Ice House America has teamed up with the Small Business Association and BoeFly (the premier marketplace for franchise loans) to supply potential franchisees an array of financing options, as well as offering veterans a discount through IFA’s VetFran program.
“More than a decade ago Ice House America set out with a crystal clear goal: to revolutionize the way people buy ice and water. Today, Ice House America is the preeminent manufacturer and operator of automated ice vending machines,” says Pete Cotter, CEO of Ice House America. “With ice vending accounting for more than four percent of the $4 billion packaged ice industry, IHA and IceBorn are well positioned to continue as the leading ice vending brand in the country, selling more than one billion pounds of ice annually.”
Ice House America market development opportunities exist in all 50 states with the primary franchise development focus is in the Northeast, Southwest and Midwest. The company plans to open 300 new units in 2013 and 1,000 in the next three years.
About Ice House America
Ice House America, headquartered in Jacksonville, FL and founded in 2003, already has more than 2,400 independently owned ice house locations in 27 states. In less than 10 years, Ice House America has become one of the top ice brands in the country. Ice House America offers three different models, ranging from the “Ice House” to the “Mini XL” -- all manufactured at a 160,000 sq. ft. integrated manufacturing facility located in Moultrie, GA.
These free standing, automated ice vending machines can be installed anywhere there is electricity and potable water access. Ice House America models typically require about 200 sq ft., about the size of two parking spaces and are conveniently located in retail center parking lots. Each Ice House can produce more than 12,000 lbs. of ice in a 24-hour period, making it the most efficient icemaker in its class. For more information regarding Ice House America ownership opportunities, please call 888-388-1590 or visit www.icehouseamerica.com.
Add to Request List