Uncle Maddio’s Celebrates National Chili Day with Complimentary Samples of Historic "Scully’s Chilli" Recipe
Uncle Maddio’s founder Matt Andrew honors his grandfather’s chili recipe, made famous in the 1930s in "The Chilli Capital of the World."
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) February 27, 2013 - This Thursday, Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint will sing the praises of a non-pizza dish on their menu: chili. In celebration of National Chili Day on February 28, Uncle Maddio’s will be handing out samples of their chili throughout the day. But the Uncle Maddio’s chili isn’t your everyday chili recipe – it’s historic. Uncle Maddio’s Founder and Chief Chili Maker Matt Andrew created his chili from his restaurateur grandfather’s 80-year old recipe.
As chili parlors became popular in the 1930s and 40s, Frank “Scully” Andrew became known as one of the first chili pioneers with his small chain of “Scully’s Chilli Parlors,” located in Springfield, Illinois, also known as the “Chilli Capital of the Civilized World.” His restaurants were pegged by locals to have the best chili in town. Christine R. Toney's book, The Magic of the Chilli, the Midwest Chilli History Cookbook, mentions "Scully's Chilli Parlor" as one of the few early pioneers.
Uncle Maddio’s, best known for their fresh and fast homemade pizzas, also serves gourmet salads, toasted paninis, and hot soup – including chili. “True to my grandfather Scully’s recipe,” said Andrew, “the Uncle Maddio’s "Scully’s Chilli" tastes like your favorite, down-home bowl of chili. We use the same fresh ingredients as we do in all of our menu items and we make it in our restaurants daily.”
“Pizza is our specialty, and that will never change,” said Andrew. “But chili is in the family. I remember going with my dad when I was a kid to help judge local chili cook-off contests. Now, I’m keeping the chili tradition going by honoring my grandfather’s legacy and sharing a taste of history with generations to come.”
Three years ago, Uncle Maddio’s launched the fast casual pizza market with the opening of its first store in Atlanta, GA. Currently, it is the fastest-growing fast casual pizza restaurant. There are locations open and in development in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Dakota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. For pizza franchising information, contact Roger Wagerman at roger(at)unclemaddios(dot)com or visit http://www.unclemaddios.com.
About Uncle Maddio’s
For people who crave homemade pizza, Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint is the next generation pizza joint. Here’s why:
- Uncle Maddio’s gives customers more choices: three types of crusts, six sauces, and more than 47 fresh toppings, including gluten-free, vegan, organic, and hormone-free options
- We serve made-to-order, cooked-from-scratch pizza
- Customers talk directly to their pizza maker for a personalized meal that’s hot and ready in six minutes
- Homemade pizzas, toasted paninis, and gourmet salads are prepared with fresh ingredients and salad dressings that are made daily
- We offer fresh, flavorful, healthy toppings you won’t find anywhere else: hormone-free grilled chicken, Angus steak, whole wheat dough, gluten-free crust, vegan Daiya cheese, and local fresh veggies
- Meals are affordable – $7 for an individual pizza with up to three toppings
Owning an Uncle Maddio’s
Uncle Maddio’s leads the way in fast casual pizza restaurant franchising opportunities. You too can join the best pizza franchise. Here’s why:
- Uncle Maddio’s was created by the founding member and former president of Moe’s Southwest Grill. Our executive management team has over 50 years experience in the restaurant industry.
- Uncle Maddio’s is a turn-key business that’s simple to own and operate – no delivery and no drive-through
- Attractive food and labor costs, flexible store footprint, low investment, and no hidden costs
- Uncle Maddio’s is the fastest-growing fast casual pizza restaurant in the Southeast. By the end of the third quarter in 2013, there will be 20 Uncle Maddio’s restaurants open and 100 more in development throughout the Southeast.
To own an Uncle Maddio’s franchise business in your neighborhood, email Roger Wagerman at roger(at)unclemaddios(dot)com or visit http://www.unclemaddios.com
Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint
New Thought Marketing
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances