Chambers Global Recognizes Nixon Peabody Partners; Five Attorneys Named International Leaders in their Practices
April 16, 2013 // Franchising.com // Boston, MA. - Five Nixon Peabody partners have been recognized in the 2013 edition of Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Chambers Global covers more than 180 countries and ranks individual lawyers worldwide and by regions.
Chambers Global recognized these five partners as international leaders in their field:
- David K. Cheng, Corporate/M&A & Tax. Mr. Cheng leads Nixon Peabody’s China & Asia Pacific practice. He represents U.S. and Chinese companies in cross-border transactions, including M&A, IPO, intellectual property (patents/trademarks prosecutions or infringements), corporate financing (private placements, strategic partnerships), and cross-border licensing. Mr. Cheng works with both domestic and international bankers, accountants, and financial advisers, from the U.S. to the Middle East to Asia.
- Ellen S. Friedman, Projects. Ms. Friedman has been active in the areas of financing, acquisition, and development of international and domestic infrastructure projects for more than 20 years. She has counseled a wide variety of clients, including equity investors, hedge providers, developers, commercial lenders, underwriters, buyers, and sellers with respect to deal structure, partnership and joint venture matters, hedging, inter-creditor arrangements, risk assessment, security arrangements, and due diligence.
- Charles P. Jacobs, Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation. Mr. Jacobs focuses his practice on private equity and venture capital fund formation and investments. He represents leading institutional investors in their alternative investment activities and has been involved in more than 1,000 investments in the leading venture capital and leveraged buyout private equity partnerships, both domestically and internationally.
- John J. Koeppel, Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation. Mr. Koeppel leads Nixon Peabody’s nationally recognized private equity funds practice. He works extensively on fund formation, investments, and private equity transactions for buyout, venture capital, intellectual property, infrastructure, energy, debt, real estate, secondary, and emerging manager funds and independent sponsors. Over the course of his career, Mr. Koeppel has successfully closed over 250 private equity and fund transactions for various U.S. and foreign clients (ranging in deal size from $1 million to over $1 billion).
- Andrew P. Loewinger, Franchising. Mr. Loewinger concentrates his practice on domestic and international franchising, and corporate, intellectual property, regulatory, and transactional issues. He is a key member of the international franchising practice, which represents world leaders in franchising and retail distribution. Mr. Loewinger has handled several hundred franchise transactions and joint ventures in more than 85 countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Western and Central Europe, and Latin America. He serves as chair of the International Bar Association’s International Franchising Committee.
SOURCE Nixon Peabody LLP
Media Relations Director