SYNERGY HomeCare of Danbury Offers Tips for Monitoring an Aging Mother’s Health and Well-Being This Mother’s Day
Home Care company Helps Adult Children Recognize Signs that their Mothers May Need Help.
Danbury, CT, May 05, 2013 - (PR.com) - Mother’s Day is May 12, a day when one of the best gifts adult children can give their aging mother is simply checking to see if she’s safe and secure in her own home. The experts at SYNERGY HomeCare of Danbury are pleased to offer tips on how to monitor an older mother’s health and well-being.
The time you spend with your aging mother this Mother’s Day can offer important clues about whether she’s safe, mentally sound and in the best living situation. Almost half (46 percent) of women ages 75 and older live alone, while fewer children remain in the same town as their parents. Because adult children cannot count on a telephone call from mom when she needs help, Mother’s Day offers an opportunity to be on the lookout for issues she may never mention.
While senior health and well-being issues can be subtle and hard to detect, here are five warning signs you should never ignore:
- Weight loss. While small fluctuations in weight are normal, if your mother loses 5 to 10 percent of her weight in less than three months, it may be a sign of a health problem.
- Controlled health conditions that are getting unexpectedly worse. Your mother may be losing track of medications, missing doses or not taking medication as prescribed.
- An increasing number of slips and falls, problems getting up and down stairs, dizziness and difficulty walking on steady ground are concerns.
- Your mother is becoming a recluse. Signs include reluctance to leave the house, run usual shopping errands and visit friends and family.
- A home that is in need of cleaning or repairs may be a clue that your mother needs some help around the house.
For additional red flags, SYNERGY HomeCare has a free e-book titled "Play It Safe - A guide to the subtle warning signs that your aging parent may need help."
To get your copy, or to learn more about SYNERGY HomeCare of Danbury, please contact James Crossett at 203-731-2544 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.synergyhomecare.com.
About SYNERGY HomeCare
SYNERGY HomeCare is a national franchise of non-medical home care dedicated to providing exceptional and affordable service to anyone of any age. SYNERGY HomeCare caregivers are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to those in need - including seniors, expectant moms, those suffering from sports injuries and debilitating illnesses, and more. Founded in 2000 in Mesa, Ariz., SYNERGY HomeCare has become one of the fastest growing franchises in the nation operating nearly 220 units serving 37 states across the U.S. For additional information, please visit www.SynergyHomeCare.com.