New Power Protein Menu and Zero-Calorie Beverages Testing Soon
June 20, 2013 // Franchising.com // We listen to our customers and understand that their tastes and needs are evolving. They want great taste and more choices to meet personal dietary preferences. We are excited to take the steps to offer relevant meal options for our customers, and will start by rolling out two new product offerings in test: the Power Protein Menu and our zero-calorie beverages.
We will test the Power Protein Menu and new beverages in Dayton, Ohio starting July 25, 2013.
- The Power Protein Menu contains items offering more than 20 grams of protein and less than 450 calories.
- The Power Protein Burrito includes a double portion of chicken or steak plus romaine lettuce, roasted corn and pepper salsa, pico de gallo made fresh daily, guacamole, reduced fat sour cream, and wrapped up in a flour tortilla, all for $3.59 for chicken and $3.99 for steak.
- The Power Protein Bowl features a bed of crisp romaine lettuce and is topped with a double portion of chicken or steak, plus slow-cooked black beans, roasted corn and pepper salsa, pico de gallo made fresh daily, guacamole and reduced fat sour cream, and is priced at $4.79 for chicken and $5.19 for steak.
- The Power Protein Menu is significant because balanced nutrition drove product creation. This is the first menu item created with our new nutritional guardrails in mind.
Nutritional Information for the Power Protein Menu
Power Protein Menu Calories Protein
We will also test zero-calorie, non-carbonated beverage options including SoBe Lifewater Yumberry Pomegranate, a vitamin B & E enhanced hydration beverage; and Brisk No Calorie Peach Iced Green Tea, a diet green ice tea with a hint of peach.
About Taco Bell Corp.
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant. Taco Bell serves made to order and customizable tacos, burritos, and specialties such as the exclusive Doritos® Locos Tacos, gourmet inspired Cantina Bell® Menu and lower calorie Fresco Menu. The company encourages customers to “Live Más,” both through its food and in ways such as its Feed the Beat® music program and nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell Foundation for Teens. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organization have nearly 6,000 restaurants across the United States that proudly serve more than 36 million customers every week.
SOURCE Taco Bell
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances