Star Chem-Dry Releases Holiday Stain Cleaning Tip Sheet
The world’s largest carpet and upholstery cleaning company, Star Chem-Dry, wants all consumers to have a happy and stress-free holiday season.
Las Colina, TX (PRWEB) November 14, 2013 - "We know how much pressure and stress holiday hosts feel to have their home in immaculate condition for all guests. Unfortunately, despite their best efforts, accidents still happen. Whether they contact a professional cleaning service with 30 years of experience like ours who does a faster and deep cleaning than anyone else, or if they just want to handle the stain on their own, we want to make sure their focus remains on enjoying the holiday season," said CEO Dan Tarantin.
Tips the company offers for the removal of various stains include:
- Use festive doormats in each entryway and between high-traffic rooms – The holiday-themed doormats not only capture attention, but they catch the dirt on visitor’s shoes before it hits the host’s floor.
- For unexpected spot stains – Homeowners should blot the stain as soon as it is noticed with a white cloth or paper towel soaked in cold water or club soda. It is essential the stain is not rubbed and that a conservative amount of water is used, as excessive water and rubbing cause the stain to sink in farther.
After this process has taken place, the following steps should be taken to remove the respective type of stain:
- For pie-filling and wine spills – These spots are water-based. Blot the area gently with a solution of one teaspoon liquid detergent per one cup of water. Finally, use clear water or club soda to dampen the area and blot to remove soapy residue.
- For shoe polish and grease spills – Composed of oil, these spills require a little more caution. Baking soda or cornstarch should be sprinkled on the stain. The stain should then be left for 15 minutes and then vacuumed. Next, a sponge soaked in 1 tbsp. hand dishwashing detergent and 1 tbsp. white vinegar and two cups warm water should be used to blot until the liquid is fully absorbed. Finally, the area should be sponged with cold water and blotted dry to remove the vinegar solution.
- For pet stains – First sponge freely, using cold water. A solution of 3 tbsp. white vinegar and one quarter of water should be blotted to remove as much urine as possible. It may not be possible to get it all. However, after air drying all remnants of the stain will be gone.
- Mud – Allow md to dry and vacuum the area. Mix ¼ teaspoon of translucent liquid dishwashing detergent with 2 cups of water. Soak a white cloth in the solution and blot the spot until the mud is gone.
- Juices – Use 1 tbsp. of liquid hand washing detergent mixed with 2 cups of warm water. Soak a sponge in the solution and blot the stain to remove as much liquid as possible. Spray area with lukewarm water and blot again with firm pressure. If the stain still isn’t gone, mix 1 tbsp. of ammonia with 2 cups of warm water and blot the area with a sponge until the stain disappears. Sponge the area with cool water to remove cleaning solutions and then blot dry.
Businesses and homeowners who do not want to risk damaging their carpets while cleaning stains, or who prefer professional cleaning services should contact the company at 702-878-7827 or e-mail starchemdry(at)yahoo(dot)com for a free estimate and in most cases, same-day service.
About Star Chem-Dry
Founded in 1977, Chem-Dry has grown to become the world’s leading carpet and upholstery service. The company now serves 10,000 homes in 42 countries across the globe. Its proprietary hot carbonating extraction process provides a deeper cleaning that dries faster and doesn’t affect the health of humans and pets. Entrepreneur has ranked the company the number one carpet cleaning franchise for 25 consecutive years. Franchise Direct has named it one of the top 100 global franchises. More information about the company can be found at http://www.starchemdry.com
+1 (702) 878-7827