Smashburger Expands Presence in Five Markets
Better Burger Concept Continues Rapid Growth with Four New Franchise Partners, Bringing its Restaurant Pipeline to 400 Units
DENVER - November 25, 2013 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Smashburger, the rapidly expanding better burger restaurant concept, today announced it has added four new partners to its growing family of better burger franchisees. The commitment for 54 new restaurants brings Smashburger’s total active franchise pipeline to approximately 400 units set to open over the next several years. As a part of the company’s ongoing commitment to expand operations across all fifty states, the agreements launch Smashburger into new markets in Oakland and Orlando, in addition to further extending its footprint in Atlanta, Charlotte and Jacksonville.
"We are pleased to expand our growing national footprint with the addition of four talented new franchise partners that are well qualified to introduce Smashburger’s better burgers and premium hospitality experience to consumers in new cities," commented Scott Crane, CEO of Smashburger. "Smashburger has seen great success in rekindling Americans’ love affair with burgers across the 30 states we operate, so we are excited to partner with a new group of industry experts to bring our one-of-a-kind experience to new guests and help us continue executing on our steady growth path."
Each of Smashburger’s new franchise partners brings deep restaurant operations and management experience to the innovative restaurant brand. Smashburger is pleased to announce partnerships with the following franchisees to debut and expand upon the brand’s sizzling fast casual presence in the following markets:
- Atlanta, GA – Smashburger has partnered with Robert Marshall of Bamaberto LLC to expand the brand’s presence in Atlanta with 23 new restaurants set to open over the next few years. In addition to the new units, Mr. Marshall and his team will also acquire five existing Smashburger locations. Mr. Marshall formerly held a position in operations at McDonald’s.
- Orlando, FL/Jacksonville, FL – Smashburger has partnered with Ray Ruiz and Wellesley Bromfield of Two Spurs, LLC to debut 18 Smashburger restaurants in Orlando and Jacksonville. Both Mr. Ruiz and Mr. Bromfield are former McDonald’s franchisees.
- Oakland, CA – Smashburger has partnered with husband and wife team Emon and Ladonna Toliver of NorCal Restaurant Group to debut Smashburger in the Oakland area with nine new restaurant locations. The pair also own and operate four Wingstop locations in the area.
- Charlotte, NC – Smashburger has partnered with Steven Taylor, Chris Smith and Jay Kikel of CapQueen3 to open six new restaurants in Charlotte over the next few years. Mr. Taylor and Mr. Smith are current owners of the Smashburger in Columbia, SC. Owner, Jay Kikel, was a former operator of Five Guys Burgers & Fries franchises.
Smashburger remains on track to grow its unit count by approximately 30 percent in 2013. The company plans to open seven to nine additional restaurants, putting its year-end target above 250 units. The company is also actively seeking franchise partners to develop and grow the brand domestically and internationally in Chicago, Miami, Seattle and Canada. For more information about Smashburger franchise opportunities, please visit www.smashburger.com/franchising
Smashburger is America’s fastest growing, fast casual "better burger" restaurant with more than 243 corporate and franchise restaurants operating in 30 states and in four international countries. The company began in 2007 with the vision of Rick Schaden and funding by Consumer Capital Partners—the private equity firm that he and his father Richard own. By offering fresh, premium "smashed to order" burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, signature side items and hand-spun Häagen-Dazs shakes, Smashburger has modernized the way people think about burgers. Known for localizing its menu in every market with regionally inspired burgers, side items and local craft beers, Smashburger has received numerous awards, including topping Fast Casual’s 2012 Top Mover & Shakers list, America’s Most Promising Company by Forbes magazine, INC. 500’s List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies and INC’s #9 Hire Power Award winner, as well as regularly receiving "best burger" awards in cities around the world. To learn more, visit www.smashburger.com.
About Consumer Capital Partners
Consumer Capital Partners is an innovative investment and operating company, focused on starting up, operating and investing in consumer, franchising and lifestyle brands. Consumer Capital Partners also engages in modern channels of giving across a broad spectrum of contemporary causes. To learn more about CCP, please visit www.consumercp.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances