Rainbow International® Helps You "Winterize" Your Home
The winter months can cause floods, fires and smoke damage to your home, and Rainbow International wants to ensure that you, and your family, have a safe and fun holiday season.
Waco, Texas (PRWEB) November 28, 2013 - So, the holiday times are upon us again. With colder days ahead Rainbow International would like to remind you that now is the time to "winterize" your home. The winter months can cause floods, fires and smoke damage to your home, and Rainbow International wants to ensure that you, and your family, have a safe and fun holiday season.
Here are some tips from Rainbow International on "winterizing" your home.
- Clean your home's guttering. The fall weather brings falling leaves, which can become trapped in your homes guttering. Clean them out and ensure the drain spout is clean and unobstructed. Make sure that the downspout carries water away from your homes foundation.
- Take your screens off of your windows and replace them with the storm windows. Storm windows allow for an added layer of protection for your home.
- Wrap your pipes. The cold weather can cause your water pipes to burst. Before the cold weather sets in, be sure to insulate your pipes for the winter.
- You will want to ensure that your furnace is in proper working condition for the winter months. Some steps that can be taken are to change the filter and check the piping to make sure that there are no holes or cracks in it.
Additionally, Rainbow International wants you to be safe during the holiday season. Christmas trees, candles, fireplaces and cooking are all leading causes of holiday fires.
- Be sure to keep real Christmas trees watered, and only put indoor lighting around your Christmas tree.
- Candles should always be monitored when lit and kept away from flammable items and children.
- Fireplaces need to be kept clear of debris, decorations and anything flammable.
- Your home should always have a working fire extinguisher. Keeping a fire extinguisher under the kitchen sink is a good idea. Make sure it is full and that you review safety steps on operating the fire extinguisher.
About Rainbow International®
Established in 1980, Rainbow International is a global franchise organization providing residential and commercial restoration and cleaning services. Recognized by Entrepreneur magazine among its "Franchise 500," Rainbow International franchisees offer a broad range of damage restoration services (ranging from water, smoke and fire damage to carpet and upholstery cleaning and deodorization) to more than 330 locations worldwide. The new Rapid Structural Drying Network of Rainbow International has established a network of elite water loss mitigation franchises across the United States. Rainbow International is a subsidiary of The Dwyer Group, Inc. For further information or to find the location nearest you, visit http://www.rainbowinternational.com.
The Dwyer Group
+1 (254) 759-5894