The UPS Store: Making It Easy to Ship When There’s Less Time to Shop
Facing the Shortest Shopping Season in Five Years, The UPS Store® Offers Services and Expertise to Help Ease Holiday Stress
SAN DIEGO - December 03, 2013 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - With six fewer shopping days this holiday season, shoppers have even less time this year to make it through their holiday to-do lists. For those who need to ship their gifts to friends and family, that timeframe is even shorter. Thankfully, The UPS Store can help. With a network of packing and shipping experts at 4,300 locally owned and operated centers, The UPS Store can help pack and ship all types of holiday gifts – from fragile glass ornaments to surfboards and golf clubs. Additionally, the center offers peace of mind with the Pack and Ship Guarantee®.*
For those who wish to pack their gifts themselves, The UPS Store offers the following tips to help send them on their way safely:
- Take batteries out of items before shipping.
- Use a sturdy new box to provide additional protection for your items. Do not use old boxes or gift boxes to ship gifts, or any string or wrapping paper on the outside of the package.
- Use at least two inches of packaging peanuts on each side of your item.
- Make sure the sender’s and recipient’s addresses are visible both inside and outside of the package.
- Use packing tape on all package seams – do not use masking, cellophane or duct tape.
According to the National Retail Federation, online holiday shopping is expected to increase as much as 15 percent this year despite the shorter season. The UPS Store can make this process easier as in-center mailboxes provide a convenient location for package deliveries, and UPS My Choice®, allows customers to track and reroute their packages to the nearest center location.
For more holiday packing and shipping tips visit The UPS Store YouTube channel for a series of helpful videos. Our quick videos will help guide you through the do’s & don’ts of holiday packing, how to pack and ship a fragile item and even some tips on how to handle oddly shaped or unique gifts during the holiday season. Keep in mind if The UPS Store doesn’t pack your shipment, it does not qualify for the Pack and Ship Guarantee.
* If your package, packed by The UPS Store® center associates using new materials purchased by you and shipped via UPS® on that center’s account, is damaged or lost in transit, you’ll be reimbursed for your packing and shipping costs (excluding declared value charges) and your item’s value (the lesser of actual value, repair or replacement cost in accordance with the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service). At participating locations. Restrictions and limitations apply. For more information, visit theupsstore.com/pack-ship.
About The UPS Store
With more than 4,300 locations, The UPS Store network comprises the nation’s largest franchise system of retail shipping, postal, print and business service centers. The UPS Store locations in the U.S. are independently owned and operated by licensed franchisees of The UPS Store, Inc., a subsidiary of UPS (NYSE:UPS). Services, pricing and hours of operation may vary by location. For additional information on The UPS Store, visit www.theupsstore.com. For information on franchise opportunities for opening a The UPS Store location, visit www.theupsstorefranchise.com.
The UPS Store
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances