National Interior Decorator Shares Tips on Freshening Up Your Space Without Spending Big Bucks
Spice Up Your Space
SOUTHBURY, CT - (Marketwired - Dec 16, 2013) - What do you see when you walk in the door of your home? A space that's uplifting, or one that is dull and unexciting?
Your home should make you feel calm, creative, cozy or refreshed; however, many people feel stressed by the clutter that has accumulated or are simply bored with their décor. Decor&You - one of America's leading, full-service interior decorating franchises - encourages people to find inspiration in their home design, and ultimately make their living space feel like a retreat from the stressors of everyday life.
"Many people believe that changing the look and feel of a home is a difficult and expensive task," said Karen Powell, founder and CEO of Decor&You. "However, there are simple ways to spice up the atmosphere of your home drastically, without breaking the bank."
Powell shares the following tips on how to refresh your home:
- Color Splash: Paint is one of the most inexpensive and drastic ways to alter the mood of a room. Pick a color that you are drawn to, one that you would love to see every single day. If applying that color to an entire room makes you nervous, apply the paint to one accent wall instead. Hint: blue pigment can make you feel more relaxed and green colors invoke creativity.
- Organize Beautifully: Over time, belongings can start to clog up the house and make a space look smaller and disorganized. One way to beat the clutter, while adding style, is to find storage containers that are unique and stylish. Using wicker baskets on top of, or below, existing furniture is a perfect storage solution for achieving a fresh look while still hiding items.
- Bring a Room to Life: Not only are plants a beautiful and easy way to make a room look fresh and vibrant, they also have health benefits. Studies have shown that house plants can make you feel happier. Use this mood-boosting excuse as a reason to treat yourself to fresh flowers every once in a while, too.
- Mirror Mirror: Small space got you down? Tearing out an entire wall in order to make a room look bigger can be expensive, but adding mirrors is a quick and easy fix. There are thousands of different styles of mirrors, many with beautiful ornate detail. All of the options are cheaper than re-constructing the shape of a house, so splurge on one that you really love.
With professional interior decorators who furnish and refine homes and businesses in 20 states, the Decor&You vision is to make it easy for people to achieve comfort, style and enhanced value when they invest in their interiors. Decor&You decorating experts use the company's proven StylePrint® Design System to create a seamless process from design to execution for its customers. From color plans to furniture selection and purchase to managing the installation, Decor&You ensures a worry-free makeover process for every client.
For more information about Decor&You decorating services, visit the Decor&You company website at http://www.decorandyou.com.
Established in 1998, Decor & You, Inc. (Decor) furnishes and refines America's residential and commercial interiors through a nationwide network of professional interior decorators, who make it easy for people to achieve comfort, style, and enhanced value in their homes and businesses. Decor decorating experts use the company's proven StylePrint® Design System to create a seamless process from design to execution to ensure a worry-free makeover process for every client. A socially conscience company, Decor also advocates for change in the decorating industry, with a focus on bringing safer, higher-quality and greener decorating options to American homes. Decor was honored recently by The World Franchising Network as one of its top 100 businesses in the services sector; by Entrepreneur Magazine as a top home-based franchise and No. 446 in the 2012 Franchise 500 rankings; and by RedHotFranchise.com as No. 47 on its top 100 Hottest Franchise list. For more information on Decor&You, go to www.decorandyou.com.
Decor&You® is a registered trademark of Powell Investors Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
Fishman Public Relations
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances