Gold's Gym Launches National Campaign Against New Year's Resolutions
*World's Top Fitness Experts Join All-Out Effort to Stop Epidemic of "Resolution Dependency"
**Research Shows That 88% of All Resolutions Will Fail
***Company Creates 7-Step Action Plan to Help People Break Resolution-Dependency
DALLAS - Dec. 17, 2013 // PRNewswire // - One of the greatest threats to a healthy lifestyle is about to make its annual appearance. At the beginning of the New Year, millions of Americans will make a resolution to get healthier or lose weight. Unfortunately, the majority of those resolutions will fail. In fact, research shows that 88% of resolutions are never achieved.
Even worse? Many of these consumers will become so demotivated by breaking their own resolution that they'll actually wait until next year to "start over" again... repeating the endless cycle. There's a better way. That's why Gold's Gym, the leading authority on health and fitness, is launching an "Anti-Resolution" campaign, aimed to break the endless cycle of weight loss resolutions and give consumers a better roadmap to success - one that results in healthy, lasting change.
With help from some of the world's top fitness experts, Gold's Gym will help consumers determine if they are "resolution dependent" with a free 7-Step Anti-Resolution Action Plan, designed to help break consumers from their resolution habits and tendencies, and allowing them to put in place a long-term plan for success.
"Diets don't work. Instead, you must look at the choices you make on a daily basis in the areas of nutrition, exercise, sleep and stress management and make a sustainable plan to change your ways," advised Robert Reames, Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Member. "If you do this right you'll only have to do it once and you'll never have to re-visit this concept again. Your daily choices will be automatic − you will have made the permanent change and altered your perspective to be the healthiest version of you. This 7-Step Action Plan is a great place to start."
Celebrity trainers and world-renowned fitness experts have joined Robert in the fight against resolutions and helped design the 7-Step Anti-Resolution Action Plan that consumers can use to make 2014 their healthiest yet.
7-Step Anti-Resolution Action Plan:
- Step One: Create a Plan Filled with Short, Obtainable Goals for Yourself – "The problem with resolutions is that the minute people falter, or slip on their resolution, they quit, throwing all their progress out the window," said Mike Ryan, Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Expert and celebrity personal trainer. "Create a short, obtainable goal for yourself – I often encourage clients to participate in the Gold's Gym 12-Week Challenge – and when you achieve your first goal, you're more likely to set another, AND stick with it."
- Step Two: Schedule the Gym the Same Way You Would Schedule a Doctor's Appointment – "The minute you utter "I don't' have time," you avoid holding yourself accountable for a trip to the gym, making you more likely to skip the gym the next time around as well," said Adam Friedman, Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Expert and celebrity personal trainer. "A great workout can be achieved in just 30 minutes, and by putting it on the books, it becomes something that's real, tangible and that you can be held accountable for that day."
- Step Three: Realize that Fitness is Only Part of the Plan – "In order to achieve peak metabolism, supplement your workouts with a diet made up of real, whole food," said Robert Reames. "Minimize, if not avoid altogether, processed meals and food items. We truly are what we eat. Food is the fuel that runs your engine, so do not compromise."
- Step Four: Find Healthy Habits You Actually Enjoy – "To make a lasting change in your life, you need to establish habits that you can enjoy. An easy way to do this is to include family and friends in what you do," said Robert Irvine, Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Expert and celebrity chef. "Include your kids when cooking a meal at home – it's healthier and a great way to spend time with family. You can also spend time with the family as part of a warm up or cool down to your workout routine."<
- Step Five: Switch It Up Sometimes – "If you feel yourself getting bored with your workout routine, think about making it fresh again. Switch it up by trying a group exercise class, or working out with a friend," said Ramona Braganza, Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Expert and Hollywood fitness trainer. "Give yourself a reward when you accomplish a certain number of workouts in a week. Maybe get a foot massage!"
- Step Six: Introduce "It's Time for Bed" to Your Vocabulary – "The hours before midnight are almost twice as valuable as the hours after midnight for health. After all, physical change occurs exclusively during sleep," said Eric the Trainer, Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Expert and celebrity personal trainer. "So get to bed early and wake up to a fitter, healthier, new you!"
- Step Seven: Anticipate Obstacles: "There really is no such thing as a "perfect plan." Life is unpredictable and the best we can do is to anticipate obstacles and create strategies for coping with them," said Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Expert and fitness model Jamie Eason. "If picking up your child from school suddenly turns into a two-hour parent/teacher conference, you could end up famished. If you commit to carrying food (like nuts and low-fat string cheese) with you at all times, you won't cave to the temptation to make a quick stop for fast food on the way home."
In addition to the 7-Step Anti-Resolution Action Plan, consumers are invited to stop by their local Gold's Gym throughout January for one "Resolution Dependency" counseling session with a personal trainer, who will be on call to help support gym-goers as they tackle their fitness goals. Consumers can also log on to www.GoldsGym.com for additional tips and information on Anti-Resolutions. Additional resources are located on the Gold's Gym Facebook page at www.facebook.com/goldsgym or on www.twitter.com/goldsgym.
About Gold's Gym
Established in Venice, Calif. in 1965, Gold's Gym is the most recognized gym chain in the world with more than 650 locations in 37 states and 28 countries. The iconic brand ranks in the top 15 percent of Entrepreneur magazine's 2011 "Franchise 500". Gold's Gym offers the latest equipment and services, including group exercise, personal training, cardiovascular equipment, group cycle, Pilates and yoga. With nearly 3 million members worldwide, Gold's Gym helps all kinds of people achieve their individual potential through fitness. For more information please visit www.goldsgym.com, www.facebook.com/goldsgym or www.twitter.com/goldsgym.
SOURCE Gold's Gym