La Quinta Inns & Suites Recognized with Multiple Awards
DALLAS - Dec. 18, 2013 // PRNewswire // - La Quinta Inns & Suites is honored to have recently been recognized with multiple awards and rankings that reinforce La Quinta's core values: People, Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Unique.
- Top Places to Work - For the second year in a row, La Quinta was recognized as one of the Top 100 Places to Work by the Dallas Morning News. La Quinta ranked #20 in the Top 100 Places to Work 2013 large company category and placed ahead of all the hotel companies that won a Top 100 ranking based on anonymous employee comments compiled by Workplace Dynamics, an independent firm that administered the Top 100 Places to Work 2013 survey.
- Military Employment - La Quinta was honored with the Military Spouse Employment Award by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation during the 3rd Annual Hiring Our Heroes Awards. Judging was based on criteria such as innovative recruiting and retention strategies, military community engagement and leadership, as well as an ongoing commitment to hire veterans, transitioning service members and military spouses. In addition, La Quinta was named a "Military Friendly Employer" by GI Jobs magazine and a "Military Friendly Spouse Employer" by Military Spouse magazine.
- Employee Training - Training magazine has announced La Quinta as a finalist for the annual Training Top 125, which ranks companies' excellence in employer-sponsored training and development programs. This is the seventh year La Quinta has been recognized.
- Technology - La Quinta ranked #31 of the top 250 companies across all industries in the InformationWeek 500. Companies were considered for this award based on their innovative use of business technology. La Quinta has also been recognized for delivering unique capabilities with its use of cloud computing technologies, its innovative television platform that delivers more HD channels to guest rooms than other hotel brands in its segment and its mobile platform that includes LQ Instant Hold – another first in the industry.
- Charitable Giving - Each year, La Quinta conducts a United Way campaign to help support community programs. This year, La Quinta exceeded its 2013 goal of $420,000 with a campaign total of $428,751. In addition, the company saw a 42% increase in the amount of Leadership and Tocqueville giving.
"We are proud to be recognized and to receive these awards," said Wayne Goldberg, La Quinta's President and CEO. "At La Quinta, we want to make coming to work the best part of our employee's day. We strive to create an environment where our employees can succeed at being their best and share their passion which is the driving force behind the continued success and growth of our company."
About La Quinta
LQ Management L.L.C. is one of the largest operators of select-service hotels in the United States. Based in Irving, Texas, the Company operates and provides franchise services to more than 800 hotels in 46 states, Canada and Mexico under the La Quinta Inn® and La Quinta Inn & Suites® brands. For reservations or more information about La Quinta, please visit www.LQ.com or call 1-800-SLEEPLQ. Follow La Quinta Inns & Suites on Twitter at: twitter.com/LQ or on Facebook at: facebook.com/laquinta.
SOURCE La Quinta
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances