Jack in the Box National Franchise Association Announces New Board of Directors
Newly Formed Board of Directors Provides Pathway for Franchise Owner Input
SAN DIEGO - December 19, 2013 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - The Jack in the Box National Franchise Association (JIB-NFA) today announced the formation of a new board of directors to represent the current 1,711 restaurants and 100 franchise owners.
"Our goal is to give our franchise owners greater grass roots interaction with Jack in the Box Corporate," said Anil Yadav, Chairman of the National Franchise Association board of directors. "It is important that franchise owners have a channel to offer feedback and input into the decisions that affect them."
The new board of directors will consist of 15 board members:
- Anil Yadav (Chairman) - A Franchisee since 1989, Yadav currently owns and operates 255 restaurants with Jack in the Box, Denny’s and Sizzler. He is the largest Jack in the Box Franchisee in the U.S. with 219 restaurants.
- Reza Khajavi (President) – As CEO and President of 67 Jack in the Box restaurants in the Northwest market, Khajavi previously spent 27 years with Jack in the Box in various positions.
- David Beshay (Vice President) - Beshay owns and operates 43 restaurants in Southern California, maintaining ownership interest in 96 other Jack in the Box restaurants across the United States. He previously served in multiple capacities within Jack in the Box Corporate before becoming a Franchisee.
- Rabi Viswanath (Secretary) – Viswanath is the franchise owner of 43 Jack in the Box restaurants. Having been with the company for over 15 years, he previously served in multiple capacities with Jack in the Box Corporate, YUM Brands and Domino’s Pizza.
- F. Michael Norwich, Jr. – Starting with Jack in the Box in 1992, Norwich became a franchise operator in 1994, currently operating 13 restaurants in the New Mexico/Texas markets.
- Atour Eyvazian – Originally from Iran and beginning as a maintenance worker at Jack in the Box 25 years ago, Eyvazian currently is an operating partner for 107 Jack in the Box restaurants in the U.S., attributing his achievement of the "American Dream" to the restaurant industry in general, and to Jack in the Box in particular.
- Mike Flores – Flores has been a Franchisee since 2008 . He is an operating partner for 21 Jack in the Box restaurants. He previously served as a Regional Franchise Director, a District Manager and a Restaurant Manager for Jack in the Box beginning with the company in 1971.
- Nasir Farooqi – Farooqi began his career with Jack in the Box in the early 70s, becoming a Franchisee in the late 80s. He is currently serving over 14 locations in the San Diego area.
- Chris Aslam – A second generation Jack in the Box Franchisee became a Franchise Operator at the age of 23. Today with over 18 years’ experience in the restaurant industry, he has 34 restaurants in Texas and has won multiple awards including "Developer of the Year".
- Kevin Townsend – A second generation Franchisee, Townsend started his work with Jack in the Box in 2010, aiming to grow and perfect the family business.
- Larry Jones – Jones has owned and operated 7 Jack in the Box restaurants for the past 22 years and has been a part of the restaurant industry from a young age holding various positions with Jack in the Box Corporate for 10 years prior to becoming a Franchisee.
- Steve Flohr – Having started with Jack in the Box in 1970 and a franchise owner since 1985, Flohr has been on the NFA board in various capacities since 2003.
- Kelly Kuhlmann – As a Franchisee of 70 Jack in the Box restaurants, Kuhlmann previously served as President and CEO of Bueno Development Group, LLC, as a Taco Bueno Franchisee and Vice President of Operations as a Taco Bell/KFC Franchisee.
Special board members:
- Clyde Rucker – Rucker is CEO of 56 Jack in the Box restaurants. With deep experience in the restaurant business, Rucker has worked with Burger King Corporation, where he held several positions including Vice President, Diversity Business Enterprise, Vice President, Central Region, SVP Chief of Staff, SVP Global Communications and External Affairs. He has also held Executive Leadership and management positions with top-tier restaurant brands including Quiznos, Arbys’ Division of Triarc Companies and the PepsiCo/Kentucky Fried Chicken division.
- Terry Shindle – Currently a CEO and Franchisee of 51 locations, maintaining ownership interest in 70 other Jack in the Box restaurants across the United States. Shindle previously served in multiple leadership positions for Oggi’s Pizza and Brewing Company, Coco’s Bakery restaurants, Boston Market restaurants and Bakers Square restaurants.
"We’re excited about the input and experience that each board member brings to the table," said Reza Khajavi, President of the National Franchise Association board of directors."
David Beshay, Vice President of the newly formed National Franchise Association board of directors believes that, "having a group of individuals who are both loyal to the company and have extensive experience in the restaurant industry, will provide opportunities to take the Jack in the Box brand to the next level."
"As franchise owners, we are enthusiastic to partner with Jack in the Box Corporate," said Rabi Viswanath, Secretary of the National Franchise Association board of directors. "We have worked hard to be successful in this industry and I feel fortunate to have a voice in decisions that directly affect us, the franchise owners."
About the Jack in the Box National Franchise Association
The Jack in the Box National Franchise Association (JIB-NFA) is comprised of franchise owners in the Jack in the Box system. Its board of directors consists of 15 franchise owners with a combined ownership experience of 163 years.
Any franchise owner in the Jack in the Box system may join the JIB-NFA. Currently the association represents 98 franchise owners with more than 1,650 restaurants. The association was formed in 1995, and its mission is to provide a pathway for franchise owners to offer ground level input to Jack in the Box Inc. on initiatives and issues to benefit both franchise owners and the corporation. It is the organization’s stated intent to have a seat at the table as a partner with Jack in the Box Inc. and having a role in major decisions that affect franchise owners.
Coltrin & Associates on behalf of Jack in the Box National Franchise Association