Gold's Gym Identifies February 18th As The "Fitness Cliff"... The Day When New Year's Resolutions Die
Leading Authority on Health and Fitness Teams Up with National Fitness Expert; Launches Effort to Help Consumers Stay Motivated and Avoid Falling Off the Cliff in 2014
DALLAS, Feb. 6, 2014 // PRNewswire // - The New Year has come and gone, and by now you're probably one of the millions of people that resolved to become fit and healthy in 2014. But does fate have another plan for your fitness routine? According to new proprietary research from Gold's Gym, consumers nationwide should be wary of Tuesday, February 18th – the Fitness Cliff.
Culling through four years of membership check-in data from Gold's Gym locations throughout the country, the brand began noticing a drop-off in membership check-ins starting around February 12th. The days after saw slight decreases in membership, with the biggest drop-off taking place on February 18th, when an alarming number of consumers stopped going to the gym and quit their New Year's Resolutions altogether.
"As February hits, and more and more time separates consumers from the healthy resolutions they made as the New Year's ball was dropping, the motivation to get fit begins to fade away," said Gold's Gym Fitness Institute Member and National Fitness Expert Jamie Eason. "That demotivation, coupled with a side of frustration from not getting the results they want quickly enough, can often be the dumbbell that broke the camel's back for consumers – leading many to abandon their New Year's Resolutions by mid-month."
To raise awareness for this impending fitness resolution pitfall, Gold's Gym has joined forces with Eason to get consumers back on track (and ultimately away from the cliff). As part of the effort, Eason compiled a list of the five best tips to keep consumers motivated throughout the year, including:
- Tell everyone you know about your fitness goals. That way, you will have that many more people to answer to.
- Buy yourself new exercise clothes, sneakers or a workout bag. Not wanting new and/or expensive equipment to go to waste will make you more apt to get off the couch and use it.
- Get on a professionally-designed, long-term program. The sooner you start seeing results, the more you'll want to keep training to continue them. Aimlessly hopping from workout to workout − or even worse, from machine to machine - will only waste your time.
- Join an exercise class. The camaraderie you develop with your classmates should be enough to keep you coming back.
- Keep your gym music fresh. Find new tracks or swap playlists with friends. You will work out better with high-energy music that you genuinely like − associating your workouts with fun music or escapism will make you not want to miss them.
Finally, for members that feel they are at-risk of "falling off the cliff," Gold's Gym is opening its doors free to the public on the day of the Fitness Cliff (February 18th) and encouraging consumers to renew the fitness resolutions they made in the new year through this free day of fitness. As part of the day, Gold's Gym will mobilize its staff nationwide – encouraging consumers to come in for a free fitness consultation with a certified personal trainer who can help them refocus on making their New Year's Resolution a reality in 2014. For more information on the upcoming Fitness Cliff, visit www.goldsgym.com.
About Gold's Gym
Established in Venice, Calif. in 1965, Gold's Gym is the most recognized gym chain in the world with more than 650 locations in 37 states and 28 countries. The iconic brand ranks in the top 15 percent of Entrepreneur magazine's 2011 "Franchise 500". Gold's Gym offers the latest equipment and services, including group exercise, personal training, cardiovascular equipment, group cycle, Pilates and yoga. With nearly 3 million members worldwide, Gold's Gym helps all kinds of people achieve their individual potential through fitness. For more information please visit www.goldsgym.com, www.facebook.com/goldsgym or www.twitter.com/goldsgym.
SOURCE Gold's Gym
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business