Aaron's Gives Back to Orlando Community with Day of Outreach
ATLANTA - March 24, 2014 // PRNewswire // - More than 2,000 managers from Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, will give back to the community on Monday, March 24, as a day of service to hundreds of Orlando-area families.
Aaron's, a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 2,083 company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.
For the sixth year in a row, more than 2,000 Aaron's associates will transform its annual national managers meeting into a city-wide giving initiative, investing more than $188,000 in product and monetary donations and 3,800 hours of service to five area organizations in Orlando. As part of this effort, Aaron's will present the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (www.bgca.org) with a check for $100,000 from funds raised during a Company-wide associate campaign.
"Aaron's was built on values that Charlie Loudermilk, our founder, championed. These include relationships with and respect for the customer, hard work, trust, fairness, loyalty, and giving back to the communities in which we live," said Aaron's Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Ronald W. Allen. "For the sixth year in a row, more than 2,000 Aaron's managers have been able to give back to the communities where we host our annual managers meetings. Orlando is a great city and we have been privileged to spend the day contributing through donations of funds, products and services to area organizations that create a huge, positive impact on the Central Florida community."
During the "Aaron's Gives Back" events in Orlando, Allen presented new furniture, electronics and appliances during a "Surprise Home Makeover" to fill the home of an Orlando single mom who has been an Aaron's customer for 13 years. The new furniture, appliances and electronics given included a Whirlpool washer and dryer, Frigidaire refrigerator and stove, sofa, loveseat, end tables, accessories, and a home entertainment theatre with a 39" JVC TV, an XBOX, a 55" RCA TV, a Blu-Ray player and a 65" TV stand.
In addition to the "Surprise Home Makeover," Aaron's managers contributed their time and gifts to the following community organizations:
- OneBlood (www.oneblood.org): Aaron's will be on a mission to save lives by hosting a blood drive with a donation goal of 500 units. One unit of blood can save the lives of three people. Aaron's blood drive will help give the gift of life to 1,500 people.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida (www.foodbankcentralflorida.org): Aaron's associates joined the fight to end hunger by sorting and packing grocery products for distribution to local schools and organizations, helping put food on the table for many struggling families in Central Florida.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida (www.bgccf.org): In support of this life-changing organization, Aaron's associates completed on-site service projects at the Central Florida club to ensure a safe, healthy and happy environment. Ten HP laptops were donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida.
- Give Kids the World Village (www.gktw.org): Give Kids The World Village is the place "Where Happiness Inspires Hope." Kids suffering from life-threatening illnesses come from all over the world to fulfill one big wish and for one week, these families are treated to the trip of a lifetime. Aaron's associates performed service projects on the grounds of this 70-acre fairy tale retreat, giving these children and their families what they need - a chance for them to simply be a kid.
- Clean the World (www.cleantheworld.org): Aaron's is proud to unite with Clean the World as the largest global recycler of hotel soaps and bottled amenities. Aaron's played an integral part in helping prevent health issues and needless waste by assembling hygiene kits which will be distributed to local shelters within the community.
Since the first "Aaron's Gives Back" community outreach day in 2009, Aaron's managers have invested 29,600 hours and more than $2 million in product and service donations through outreach projects conducted at national meetings in cities including Washington, D.C., Dallas, Nashville and Orlando.
Like Aaron's on Facebook.com/AaronsInc and on Twitter @Aaronsinc for the latest updates from the events.
About Aaron's, Inc.
Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 2,120 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada. Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur and Chairman Emeritus R. Charles Loudermilk, Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982. For more information, visit www.aarons.com. Aaron's, Inc. includes the Aarons.com and ShopHomeSmart.com brands.
Director of Public Relations
SOURCE Aaron's, Inc.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances