On The Border Launches Border Brunch
Largest Casual Dining Mexican Restaurant Chain Now Serving Brunch Menu Starting at $5.99 on Weekends
April 16, 2014 // Franchising.com // DALLAS, Texas – Wake Up, and smell the Huevos Rancheros! On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina® has launched - at the majority of locations - a new Border Brunch menu, with entrees starting at just $5.99, including tacos, fajitas and burritos, each Saturday & Sunday from 10 am – 2 pm.
"Guests can now get their OTB fix earlier, as we’ve created some incredible brunch items that we’ll be featuring on weekends," said On The Border CEO Steve Clark. "And if coffee’s not your thing, how ‘bout a $2 Mimosa or $3 Bloody Mary?"
On The Border guests can now treat themselves to several Border Brunch creations, including:
- Huevos Rancheros – Two eggs – over easy covered with ranchero sauce and crumbled queso fresco on a warm corn tortilla
- Breakfast Relleno – Fire-roasted poblano chile stuffed with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and pico de gallo, topped with mixed cheeses, red chile-tomatillo salsa and tortilla strips, served with flour tortillas.
- Breakfast Tacos – Choose two breakfast tacos in fresh flour tortillas, served with red chile-tomatillo salsa. Choices include Bacon, Egg & Cheese with pico de gallo, Chorizo, Egg & Cheese with pico de gallo and Chorizo, Potato & Cheese.
- Gringo Breakfast – Two eggs – any style, served with two strips of bacon, breakfast potatoes and fresh seasonal fruit.
- Hatch Green Chile Breakfast Burrito – Grande flour tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, Hatch green chiles, breakfast potatoes and Jack cheese. Topped with green chile sauce and Jack cheese.
- Chilaquiles – Tortilla chips and onions sautéed in a mild enchilada sauce, drizzled with crema and topped with crumbled queso fresco, served with two eggs – any style and fresh seasonal fruit.
- Pancake Platter – Three sweet-cream pancakes served with two strips of bacon and fresh seasonal fruit.
- Breakfast Fajitas – Mesquite-grilled Steak or Chicken fajitas sizzling over sautéed onions, served with two eggs – any style, Mexican rice, choice of beans, flour tortillas, sour cream, pico de gallo and choice of cheese or guacamole.
- All brunch plates served with choice of fresh seasonal fruit, breakfast potatoes or refried beans.
Of course, it wouldn’t be On The Border without great drink selections, including:
- Bloody Mary – Tito’s Handmade vodka shaken with tomato juice, Cholula® hot sauce, fresh lime juice, Worcestershire and horseradish, garnished with jalapeno, jicama and bacon.
- Mimosa – Orange juice and sparkling wine.
- Michelada – Dos XX Lager blended with tomato juice and pasilla spice.
- Sparkling Margarita – Milagro Reposado tequila, sparkling wine and fresh lime agave.
"By taking the great flavors that our guests crave for lunch and dinner and applying them to breakfast plates, we’ve created an awesome brunch offering," said Jamie Carawan, On The Border’s senior director of culinary and innovation. "You can get breakfast anywhere, but you can only enjoy Border Brunch at On The Border."
At select OTB locations only. Price and participation may vary.
About On The Border
On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina is a leading full-service restaurant and the world’s largest casual dining chain that offers an extensive menu of great-tasting, classic and contemporary Mexican food, like sizzling mesquite-grilled fajitas, and Margaritas as big and bold as the border itself. On The Border is owned by On The Border Acquisition LLC, with 157 restaurants in 36 states, Puerto, Asia and the Middle East. Follow and ‘like’ On The Border on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OnTheBorderMexicanGrillandCantina, and @OnTheBorder on Twitter. For more information, visit www.ontheborder.com.
SOURCE On The Border
DFPR for On The Border
DFPR for On The Border