Boost Your Business with 10 Simple Marketing Ideas from The Maids
May 09, 2014 // Franchising.com // In order to grow and be successful, businesses must differentiate themselves from competitors and connect with potential customers. One of the best ways to achieve those goals is through marketing.
While there are hundreds of ways to showcase a business, not every one may be suitable for your product or service. Develop a marketing strategy then assess the plan regularly to ensure the steps you are taking work for your business. Revise the plan as necessary. You don’t always need to follow convention; think out of the box.
Experts at The Maids, the residential cleaning service that remains a model for the franchising industry, suggest these 10 ideas to build your customer base and increase profits.
- Develop an elevator speech about your company and use it when meeting others. You are the face of your company; speak passionately about the business and what you do.
- Word of mouth is one of the best tools for creating new business. Offer incentives to employees or customers who bring in referrals. In addition, when customers aren’t happy, fix the problem immediately.
- Boost your brand by connecting with your community. For instance, sponsor youth activities or community events to develop name recognition and increase your customer base.
- oin community organizations to develop new relationships with other business people and compare strategy notes.
- Take advantage of social media to advance your brand by developing an informative, accessible website; creating a Facebook page, Twitter account, or YouTube presence; and writing blogs.
- Increase company exposure through advertising, which can be anything from a radio commercial to a sidewalk signboard.
- Launch a direct-mail or e-mail campaign.
- Develop a contest or create a loyalty program to entice new business and keep current customers returning.
- Donate products or services to local fund-raising efforts.
- Write a press release to alert local media to any company-related human interest stories.
About The Maids
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids