The Maids: Learn and You Will Earn
May 12, 2014 // Franchising.com // Business ownership is a continual learning experience. Technology moves ahead, trends change and processes evolve. But if you've never run a profitable company, how do you know what it takes to become successful? To increase what you earn, you first have to learn.
The Maids, the residential cleaning company that stands out from competitors because of its exclusive 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, remains a model for the franchising industry, in part, because of extensive training for franchisees. Experts with The Maids say success begins with making a commitment to find out everything you can about the fundamentals of sales, marketing and operations.
- Do you really know your business? Take the time to become familiar with every aspect of your company. Spend time with employees in the various areas of your organization to understand their duties and solicit feedback about how to improve procedures and cut costs.
- Find a mentor. Seeing your business through someone else's experiences can be eye-opening. New ideas can be just what you need to jump-start earning power.
- Go back to school. Unless you are someone who keeps abreast of industry research or trends, you might find that the business is slowly losing ground. Online or classroom education can infuse you with new ideas, best practices and general knowledge that will help you reach your goals.
- Conferences. Along with networking opportunities, these annual get-togethers often provide nuggets of knowledge and inspiration. Make connections with, ask questions of and seek advice from executives who have excelled in their own businesses.
- Hire an expert. A consultant will objectively analyze your business operations and introduce specific strategies that might help you turn the corner on profits. It's important to have an open mind and be willing to initiate new procedures.
- Keep an eye on competitors. While you don't want to follow their every lead, you can gain valuable insight about your market and customers by examining competitor successes and failures.
- Hire the right people. It's rare to have strengths in every area of business, so hire managers who can fill in the gaps. Collaboration among managers can get you where you want to go in less time.
About The Maids
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances