Putt-Putt Golf Hits Sweet Spot With New Franchise Model
Iconic American Brand Celebrates 60th Anniversary
May 22, 2014 // Franchising.com // Winston-Salem, N.C. - Today, less than half of small businesses will make it four years and only a quarter will celebrate their 10-year anniversary. Putt-Putt LLC, the parent company of Putt-Putt Golf, has managed to survive and thrive, despite numerous economic downturns, and is celebrating its 60th anniversary this summer.
The focus of the 60th anniversary celebration will be the new Putt-Putt Fun Center franchise model in Fayetteville, N.C., the town where Putt-Putt was born. In a move that underscores Putt-Putt’s renewed commitment to innovation and quality, CEO David Callahan enlisted the expertise of the brand development firm CCL Branding to rebrand and redesign a new franchise concept that combines the original game of Putt-Putt with an exciting family entertainment center that is ideal for suburbs of major cities and small towns. A $10,000 Professional Putters Association (PPA) tournament at the Fayetteville franchise location will be one of the featured events for the anniversary celebration.
The very first redesigned prototype represents the future for the franchise and has been a tremendous hit in the Fayetteville community and a success for the franchisee. The new prototype was built specifically to Putt-Putt’s new standard with the parent company’s management team supervising every aspect of construction and operations.
"Every element of the new Putt-Putt franchise concept was measured against our vision to offer families a safe, wholesome entertainment option and provide investors with a proven, profitable concept," said David Callahan, CEO of Putt-Putt Golf.
5 Additional upgrades that were incorporated in the new franchise prototype include:
- Attractions were evaluated, tested and either updated, added or eliminated. Additional attractions include: electric go-karts, bumper boats and cars, batting cages, large indoor game rooms and party rooms. Depending on the size of the market and the climate, other attractions can be added.
- The layout of the new franchise prototype is well thought out and allows for all attractions, a main building for indoor fun and parking on 3-4 acres of land with a reasonable cost for build-out.
- The brand identity and all graphics, advertising, facilities, and materials were updated.
- Operating systems were overhauled to take advantage of current technology.
- A new, 365-day comprehensive marketing plan was developed for franchisees and a new employee training and culture program were implemented.
- The building interior and layout of attractions were reinvented from the ground up to create a more exciting, cost-effective, family entertainment venue.
- Gas-powered go-karts, bumper boats and bumper cars were replaced with more environmentally-friendly electric vehicles, saving over 5,000 gallons of gas per year.
- Recycled plastic bump boards on the golf course replaced the aluminum boards and all golf holes were made ADA compliant.
Currently, Putt-Putt has 47 locations in 16 states and is accepting franchise applications at Putt-Putt.com.
To set-up a time to discuss Putt-Putt or schedule an interview with David Callahan, please contact either Jen Sharpe (704.451.3960) or Jane Westgate (336.209.9276). To learn more about Putt-Putt, visit www.Putt-Putt.com.