Applebee's Brings Back Take Two Menu for Those Who Can't Choose
Survey Finds Half of Millennials Fight Anxiety When Ordering at a Restaurant
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - (BUSINESS WIRE) - June 30, 2014 - Whether it's sweat-soaked palms, jittery feet or an elevated heartbeat, a new survey* from Applebee's® – America's favorite neighborhood grill and bar – reveals 50 percent of millennials experience symptoms of anxiety when ordering at a restaurant.
It should come as no surprise, then, that 6 in 10 millennial men and nearly half (46%) of millennial women routinely ask their servers for more time or jump at the opportunity to order last.
To tackle this dining dilemma, Applebee's Take Two – now available for a limited time – gives Guests the power to pair any two selections from the Applebee's Taste of Summer menu, starting at $10.99.
"With Take Two, Applebee's is the cure for all of us – myself included – who can't bear to choose between our cravings," said Peter Czizek, Applebee's Vice President of Culinary and Menu Strategy. "We're solving that problem for our Guests by offering two delicious dishes, handcrafted with the best flavors that summer has to offer, on one plate."
Take Two menu selections include:
- Grilled Vidalia® Onion Sirloin: A juicy 4 oz. sirloin and grilled sweet Vidalia® onion is finished with sweet and spicy Hawaiian BBQ sauce and served with garlicky spinach and crispy smashed potatoes.
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine: Succulent shrimp, grilled zucchini and pomodoro sauce on a bed of steaming linguine noodles tossed in a citrus scampi sauce. Sprinkled with our Parmesan cheese blend and torn basil.
- Seasonal Berry & Spinach Salad: Spinach leaves layered with juicy blueberries, sliced strawberries, grilled chicken breast, bleu cheese crumbles and honey-glazed pecans. Tossed in our strawberry vinaigrette.
- Margarita Queso Chicken: Grilled chicken in a cilantro lime glaze is served over a flavorful combo of Mexican rice, white queso, corn and black beans. Topped with hand-cut avocado, chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Green Goddess Wedge Salad: A crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce with Green Goddess dressing and topped with bacon, honey-glazed pecans, bleu cheese and parsley.
With two fresh, seasonal flavors on one plate, Take Two may even help millennials make new friends: According to the survey, nearly 80 percent of young people also consider sharing a "turn on," which could mean more sampling from around the table this summer.
Summer has Arrived with Pabst Blue Ribbon
In the spirit of summer, Applebee's Guests nationwide can now order a value-priced Pabst Blue Ribbon® (PBR) for a chance to win PBR gear through Pabst's 100 Days of Summer promotion. Through the new Applebee's Tap Room mobile SMS program, Guests also can receive instant access to great food and drink specials all summer long.
The Applebee's Brand
Applebee's is the world's largest casual dining chain, with approximately 2,000 locations in 49 states, 16 countries and one U.S. territory. Based in Kansas City, Missouri, Applebee's takes pride in providing a welcoming, neighborhood environment where everyone can enjoy the dining experience. Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar® restaurants are franchised or operated by DineEquity's wholly-owned subsidiary, Applebee's International, Inc. and its affiliates.
*Results gathered from a survey of 2090 adults conducted for Applebee's by Toluna, a leading market research firm. Millennials defined as respondents ages 18-29. Margin of error =/- 3.1%.