Canada's Favourite Coffee Celebrates Canada's Favourite Game
Hockey season is back and Tim Hortons is ready with a full lineup of activities and sponsorships anchored by the launch of TSN's Tim Hortons That's Hockey.
October 08, 2014 // Franchising.com // Oakville, ON - Forget four seasons, in Canada the only one that matters is hockey season. It's back and Tim Hortons is ready to celebrate Canada's favourite game with partnerships that touch the game at every level. In addition to its ongoing support of classic Canadian hockey initiatives and fan favourites that span all the way from sponsorship of the NHL and each of the seven Canadian NHL teams, to bringing the Timbits Minor Hockey program to communities from coast to coast, Tim Hortons has bolstered its roster by signing on as the title sponsor of TSN's That's Hockey, Canada's most watched daily hockey program.
"Hockey in Canada is a natural fit for Tim Hortons. Our history has an intrinsic connection with this sport – it is a part of our DNA. From our founder, NHL great, Tim Horton, to our presence in arenas, on jerseys and in the daily routines of Canadians that love and play this incredible game," said Peter Nowlan, Chief Marketing Officer, Tim Hortons Inc. "We're proud of our hockey history and this new sponsorship of TSN's That's Hockey is the latest way we are able to bring news about the game and its biggest and brightest moments to Canadian fans."
Now in its 18th season, the daily hockey news staple will officially be renamed Tim Hortons That's Hockey beginning today, just in time for the puck to drop for the 2014-15 NHL regular season.
"Tim Hortons is deeply rooted in the Canadian hockey landscape. They are a huge supporter of the game," said Nathalie Cook, Vice-President, Sales and Brand Partnerships, TSN. "We are Canada's top source for daily hockey news and Tim Hortons is the country's go-to choice for coffee, making this both a strategic and meaningful alliance for TSN."
As an extension of this partnership, Tim Hortons will work with That's Hockey to further highlight the Timbits Minor Hockey program throughout the year. The Timbits Sports Program began more than 30 years ago and has grown to support more than 300,000 young Canadian athletes each year. It is a community based sports sponsorship initiative for children beginning as early as age four that emphasizes learning a new sport, making new friends, with an emphasis on having fun.
"Like a lot of other kids in my community, Timbits Hockey was where I first got my start in the game. It was one of the first team jerseys I ever wore. That's where I was initially exposed to Tim Hortons' involvement in the game," said Sidney Crosby. "Since that time, they have been in almost every arena I have played in, as the coffee in the hands of fans in the stands, on players' jerseys or on the rink boards, no matter what level or corner of the country I was playing in. For me Tim Hortons and hockey are a natural fit."
In addition to Tim Hortons That's Hockey, Canada's coffee leader continues to be involved in hockey at every level with sponsorships and programs including:
- National Hockey League: Tim Hortons is the official coffee of the NHL in Canada. In addition to title sponsorship of the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic, Tim Hortons is an official partner of all seven Canadian NHL teams.
- Canadian Hockey League: Tim Hortons is the official coffee of the CHL and partners with more than 50 teams in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League and Western Hockey League.
- Timbits Minor Hockey Program: Tim Hortons is proud to support Timbits Hockey players from coast to coast each year. The community based program is focused on introducing children as young as age four to the basic skills of the game in a non-competitive and fun environment, where the first goal is always having fun.
- Sidney Crosby: Tim Hortons is proud to partner with former Timbits Hockey player (1993) and current Tim Hortons Hockey ambassador.
- Canadian Women's Hockey League: Tim Hortons is the official coffee of the CWHL and the Clarkson Cup, which recognizes the top women's hockey team in the country.
- Hockey Hall of Fame: Outside of the rink, Tim Hortons has a strong presence at the Hockey Hall of Fame with the Tim Hortons Theatre and as a co-presenting sponsor of the Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Celebration. The Tim Hortons Theatre features archival film and video footage from the Hockey Hall of Fame archives, and showcases exclusive displays that pay tribute to Tim Horton and Timbits Hockey players, past and present.
- Tim Hortons' Hockey Presence will also be seen on Hockey Night in Canada, Wednesday Night Hockey on Sportsnet, Rogers Hometown Hockey on City, Toronto Maple Leafs on Sportsnet Ontario & TSN4, Winnipeg Jets on TSN3, Ottawa Senators on TSN5, Edmonton Oilers on Sportsnet West, Vancouver Canucks on Sportsnet Pacific and the Montreal Canadiens on RDS & TVA Sports.
About Tim Hortons Inc.
Tim Hortons is one of the largest publicly-traded restaurant chains in North America based on market capitalization, and the largest in Canada. Operating in the quick service segment of the restaurant industry, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of consumer tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. As of June 29, 2014, Tim Hortons had 4,546 systemwide restaurants, including 3,630 in Canada, 866 in the United States and 50 in the Gulf Cooperation Council. More information about the Company is available at www.timhortons.com.
SOURCE Tim Hortons Inc.