Starwood Hotels & Resorts Rings in the Holiday Season with Cyber Monday Sale and Instant Sweepstakes Giveaway
Savings up to 30% at more than 600 participating hotels across The Americas; 225 complimentary nights to be awarded in 60 fabulous prize draws during SPG’s 12-hour instant sweepstakes giveaway on Facebook
STAMFORD, Conn. - November 18, 2014 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) and its award-winning Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) program today announced plans for Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ Cyber Monday sale. The online sale will launch November 24th and run through December 7th featuring discounts up to 30% off regular room rates at more than 600 hotels and resorts throughout North and Latin America giving guests a great opportunity to book holiday stays, winter getaways and spring breaks. Members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program will enjoy an additional 5% savings when booking through the Cyber Monday sale.
SPG’s annual Cyber Monday sale provides exceptional savings for stays between November 24, 2014 and February 1, 2015 at participating hotels and between November 24, 2014 and April 15, 2015 at participating resorts. To browse and book, and for full terms and conditions, please visit www.spg.com/cybermonday starting on November 24th.
With Starwood’s considerable portfolio of hotel offerings, guests can choose from sun-drenched locations, including beach resorts, exciting city center addresses for great urban escapes or ski-in ski-out winter destinations at fabulous resorts. All of Starwood’s nine lifestyle brands are participating, including Westin, Sheraton, Le Méridien, W, Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft and Element.
Some sample Cyber Monday savings include:
- 30 – 35% savings: The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos;
- 25% savings: W Chicago – Lakeshore, The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, W New York – Downtown and W New York;
- 20% savings: The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel in Manhattan, the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, Four Points Jacksonville Beachfront in Florida, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico and The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club;
- Hawaiian Hotels offer 20 – 25% savings: Sheraton Waikiki, The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki and Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki.
Cyber Monday Instant Sweepstakes on Facebook
In addition to significant Cyber Monday savings, Starwood Hotels & Resorts is delighted to announce the return of its 2nd annual Cyber Monday instant sweepstakes on Facebook. The sweepstakes will award surprise and delight hotel stays to lucky Facebook users who participate in the instant win online contest. On Monday, December 1st, for 12 hours only - 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST- Facebook users are invited to engage with Starwood and digitally “shake” the online interactive snow globe for the chance to win an accommodations prize instantly.
The instant sweepstakes can be accessed through the “Starwood Hotels Travel Exclusives” Facebook page. A total of 60 accommodation prizes will be awarded on Cyber Monday, December 1st, 2014 consisting of 3 to 7 night stays at hotels and resorts in North America, Mexico, in addition to accommodation prizes in Tahiti and Bora Bora. A total of 225 complimentary nights will be given out during this 12-hour contest.
By participating in the instant sweepstakes, Facebook users will also be entered for the chance to win the grand prize of 225,000 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints®. Starpoints, the currency of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, can be redeemed for free night awards at all participating hotels and resorts globally, or redeemed to fly on hundreds of airlines, without blackout dates.
Visit www.spg.com and www.spgflights.com to explore all the destination and world of possibilities. Residents of the U.S. and Canada are eligible to participate in the sweepstakes except for residents of the province of Quebec.
Included among the instant sweepstakes prizes that will be awarded on Cyber Monday, December 1st:
- six nights of French Polynesian paradise with a three night stay at Le Méridien Bora Bora and three nights at Le Méridien Tahiti
- five nights at the breathtaking St. Regis Aspen
- five nights in Hawaii at Sheraton Waikiki with its beachfront location
- three nights at Element Las Vegas
- three nights in New Orleans at the Four Points French Quarter
- three nights at the new Luxury Collection resort La Posada de Santa Fe
- three nights at W New York with 2 tickets to an event at Madison Square Garden
- three night stays at W South Beach and W Austin
- five nights at The Westin Boston Waterfront
- five nights of pampered suite experience at The Westin Riverfront Beaver Creek
- seven nights at Sheraton Myrtle Beach
- three night stay in a suite at The Westin Puntacana with private dinner for two on the beach, spa treatment for two, and entrance to Ojos Indigenas (natural springs)
- three nights in San Francisco at The Palace, a Luxury Collection gem with 2 tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s newest show, Kurios®
- three nights at the bespoke St. Regis Bahia Beach in deluxe room accommodations including breakfast for two
- five nights at Aloft Cleveland
Full terms and conditions of the giveaway will be available on December 1st at www.facebook.com/starwoodhotelstravelexclusives.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in 100 countries, and 181,400 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and Element®. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
About Starwood Preferred Guest
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®) is an innovative, award-winning frequent traveler program that unites each of Starwood’s 9 distinctive hotel brands and includes more luxury hotels in more destinations around the world. SPG reinvented the hospitality loyalty landscape when it launched in 1999 with its breakthrough policy of no blackout dates, and over the years has continued its tradition of innovation with enhancements such as Cash + Points, SPG MomentsSM, and most recently Your24™ and SPG Lifetime™. In addition to Free Night Awards at more than 1,200 hotels and resorts and Award Flights on over 350 major airlines without blackout dates, the Starpoints® that members earn through SPG can be redeemed for access like no other to experiences in music, sports and the arts through SPG Moments. SPG offers the opportunity for meeting and travel professionals to earn rich rewards including Starpoints and elite status through SPG Pro. SPG also has an ongoing commitment to digital innovation to meet the needs of today’s connected global traveler – from the SPG app for iPhone that utilizes state-aware technology to create a more personalized hotel stay to Starwood’s Best Rate Guarantee on SPG.com, to SPG’s integration within various social media platforms. Offerings such as these have helped SPG build a passionate member base among the world’s most frequent travelers. Learn more at spg.com, spg.com/pro and spg.com/moments and connect with us on facebook.com/spg, twitter.com/spg, foursquare.com/spg, pinterest.com/spglife, and youtube.com/spg.
SOURCE Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Starwood Hotels & Resorts