McAlister's Deli Features "Lite Choose Two" Menu Offering More Than 250 Options Under 600 Calories
Award-Winning Fast Casual Concept Offers Guests Delicious, Lighter Fare to Help with New Year's Resolutions
ALPHARETTA, Ga. - Jan. 5, 2015 // PRNewswire // - McAlister's® Deli, a leading fast casual chain, announced today its "Lite Choose Two" menu now offers more than 250 options under 600 calories to help guests kick off their New Year's resolutions to eat healthier now and throughout the year. The menu features a variety of delicious, low-calorie sandwiches, spuds, salads and soups, including McAlister's new Tomato Bisque.
McAlister's "Lite Choose Two" menu pairs existing menu items for quick and easy, lighter dining decisions. Calorie counts are listed next to each of the pairings, which include:
- Savannah Chopped Salad & Fire Roasted Vegetable Soup (330 calories)
- Turkey Melt & Tomato Bisque (430 calories)
- The New Yorker™ & Fire Roasted Vegetable Soup (430 calories)
- Garden Salad & Cheese Spud (580 calories)
- McAlister's Chef Salad & Fire Roasted Vegetable Soup (350 calories)
- Veggie Club & Tomato Bisque (440 calories)
- Smokey Pepper Jack Turkey & Fire Roasted Vegetable Soup (460 calories)
- McAlister's Club & Veggie Chili (560 calories)
- Reuben & Fire Roasted Vegetable Soup (450 calories)
- Sweet Chipotle Chicken Griller & Veggie Chili (490 calories)
- Chef Salad & Broccoli Cheddar Soup (540 calories)
- Cheese Spud & Veggie Chili (550 calories)
- Orange Cranberry Club & Garden Salad (560 calories)
- Justaspud® & Broccoli Cheddar Soup (580)
"With the help of our 'Lite Choose Two' menu, guests can have many of their McAlister's favorite flavors while sticking to their New Year's resolutions," said McAlister's Deli Vice President of Global Marketing Donna Josephson. "The lower-calorie combinations make it easier for our health-conscious consumers to eat lighter not only during resolution season but throughout the year. We think guests will be thrilled to see the new additions to our lighter-fare menu this year, including Tomato Bisque Soup."
Technomic® recognized McAlister's twice in its Chain Restaurant Consumers' Choice Awards — in 2014 as the top kid-friendly fast casual chain and in 2013 as the top fast casual chain for food and beverage. In 2014, Nation's Restaurant News named McAlister's the top limited-service sandwich chain in its Consumer Picks Survey. Also in 2014, QSR Magazine recognized the brand as one of the "Best Franchise Deals" and named McAlister's to its QSR 50 list, ranking 13th for U.S. average sales per unit in 2013. FastCasual.com also recognized the brand on its "Top 100 Movers and Shakers" list of 2014 and Franchise Business Review named McAlister's one of 2014's "Top Franchises" in the Food and Beverage category based on franchisee satisfaction.
Founded in 1989, McAlister's® Deli is a fast casual restaurant chain known for its sandwiches, spuds, soups, salads, desserts and McAlister's Famous Sweet Tea™. In addition to dine-in and take-out service, McAlister's also offers catering with a selection of sandwich trays, box lunches, desserts, a hot spud bar and more. With numerous industry accolades, the McAlister's brand has more than 335 restaurants in 24 states. The company has corporate offices in both Alpharetta, Ga., and Ridgeland, Miss. For more information, visit www.mcalistersdeli.com.
SOURCE McAlister's Deli