The Maids: Protecting Family from the Flu Epidemic
Cleaning experts from The Maids offer tips to protect your family from the flu. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this flu season is more severe than most, so find out how to reduce germs and stay healthy this flu season.
Omaha, NE (PRWEB) January 13, 2015 - According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this flu season is more severe than most. Due to mutations in the virus, flu shots are less effective, leaving families susceptible to the disease. The Maids offers these tips to cut down on the spread of germs to keep families happy and healthy.
- Get a flu shot. According to the CDC this is still the strongest defense against the virus.
- Wash hands regularly with warm soapy water. Scrub for at least 20 seconds. Have young children? Have them sing their ABCs while they scrub for a fun way to pass the time. Carry hand sanitizer with you for those times you can’t wash with soap and water.
- Be sure to disinfect commonly touched surfaces in your home such as phones, door knobs, remotes and light switches. Germs can live on these surfaces for up to 48 hours. Be sure to follow the proper instructions when using disinfectants.
- Wash items such as towels and bedding regularly with hot water to kill germs. If someone in the home is sick, be sure to wash these items before they are shared.
- If multiple toothbrushes are kept in the same container or bathroom, you might want to consider replacing all of them.
- If someone in your home has been ill, it’s a good idea to give your whole house a deep scrubbing, making sure to disinfect all hard surfaces on which germs might live.
The Maids uses its proprietary, Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System to ensure a healthy cleaning process and provide the families we service with the cleanest, healthiest living environment possible. The Healthy Touch cleaning system is a 22-step process that combines healthy cleaning products and strict attention to detail. This along with our HEPA filtered back pack vacuums will leave your home clean and healthy.
Let The Maids help your family fight the flu this season and schedule a deep cleaning for your home. For more information, and to find the office nearest you, visit http://www.maids.com.
About The Maids
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (http://www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids
The Maids International
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business