OpenWorks Shares Flu-Blocking Cleaning Tips to Keep Employees Safe in February
Cleaning Experts, Tips Helping Local Businesses Reduce Germs During Flu Season
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) February 16, 2015 - The flu has taken its toll on Americans this winter, with elevated reports of illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths. According to recent statistics from the CDC, flu activity this year is considered "high" or "widespread" in 43 states. We are now reaching the peak of epidemic, as the past 32 flu seasons have shown that February is the most active month for the flu, followed by December and January.
Along with recommending people get the flu vaccine, the CDC advises the public to take everyday preventive measures to stop the spread of germs. Unfortunately many workers pass along germs at the office, which becomes a breeding ground for disease. Studies indicate the average adult brings their fingers to the nose, mouth or eyes about 16 times per hour, and germs thrive on human touch.
OpenWorks, one of America's leading integrated facility services franchises, is sharing their suggestions on how to keep offices clean and reduce the amount of germs as we reach the peak of flu season. According to the company's founder, Eric Roudi, these tips can help all employees cut down on the amount of germs common locations and around their personal workspaces.
"Office buildings contain a high amount of germs, as there are many shared areas and frequently touched objects that are not properly cleaned and disinfected," says Roudi. "At OpenWorks, we are dedicated to improving all workplaces we serve by using green, environmentally sound cleaning strategies to create healthier work environments. We are providing these tips to help employees combat the spread of germs during this dangerous flu season."
OpenWorks' Flu-Blocking Tips for a Cleaner, Healthier Workplace
- Know Where the Germs Are – Employees should be aware of locations in the office that contain the most germs. Commonly used areas such as kitchens and break rooms are frequently used by many different employees and subject to shared germs. Refrigerators, microwaves and sinks in these areas store food and water which can contain additional bacteria.
- Carry Hand Sanitizer – Workers should frequently use sanitizing gel to keep their hands free of disease after being in contact with highly concentrated areas of germs in the office. People should also use hand sanitizer following meetings that often end with a handshake.
- Use Sanitizing Wipes – Keyboards, mouses, phones and desktops are constantly being touched throughout the work day. Employees should frequently clean these areas with sanitizing wipes to kill off bacteria and prevent the spread of germs.
- Spray it Down – It is recommended to use disinfectant spray on commonly touched objects such as doorknobs, handles and light switches at least once a week. Viruses can live up to 48 hours on plastic and stainless steel surfaces.
- Frequent Hand washing – Employees should wash their hands more often during flu season. Recent studies show plain soap and water works just as well, if not better, than antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizer. People should scrub their hands for at least 20 seconds to effectively kill the germs.
- Keep Hydrated – Whether it is while being active or sitting behind a desk, consuming water helps the body produce and circulate immune system cells to fight off viruses. Proper hydration also keeps nasal passages moist to help trap and get rid of tiny particles carrying illness-causing bacteria.
- Use Your Own Pen – Due to constant contact with hands and even the face, all areas of a pen are subject to an individual's germs and should not be shared with others.
Established in Phoenix, AZ in 1983, OpenWorks is a leading national commercial cleaning franchise that offers integrated facility services through highly reputable local affiliates. In 30+ years, the company has grown to 330 franchise locations in five states from Illinois to California.
OpenWorks is guided by a simple philosophy: a cleaner, safer and healthier environment means a more productive workplace. The OpenWorks franchisees and preferred partners who serve more than 1100 facilities each day offer more than simple cleaning and maintenance - they help their clients fundamentally improve their work environment. Each OpenWorks representative implements an environmentally friendly "Green Clean" program using the highest quality equipment.
The OpenWorks difference is all about open, flexible relationships. Each OpenWorks customer receives customized solutions that fit the needs of their specific facility.
For more information on OpenWorks, please visit http://www.openworksweb.com.
+1 (919) 459-8157
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances