The Learning Experience®, A National Academy Of Early Education, Opens In Kendall
And Raises Nearly $700 For Charity Since Grand Opening
Preschoolers Embrace Academy’s Unique Philanthropic Curriculum And Raise Awareness And Funds To Help Children In Need
March 23, 2015 // Franchising.com // Kendall, FL – Since opening last month in Kendall at 15600 SW 88th Street, the preschoolers at The Learning Experience® (TLE®), the nation's fastest growing early learning academy for children 6 weeks to 5 years old, have begun to learn the value of selflessness and generosity through TLE®’s national proprietary philanthropic curriculum. Beyond building awareness, Kendall’s little philanthropists have raised nearly $700 for those in need:
- $292.10 to UNICEF (The United Nations Children’s Fund): As part of its grand opening celebration, TLE® Kendall donated 20 percent of registration fees collected at the event to UNICEF.
- $397 to Healing Faithful Hearts: Tying in Valentine’s Day and American Heart Month, the preschoolers participated in the 3rd Annual Nationwide BeCause Our Hearts Beat philanthropy event and helped raise awareness and donations for Healing Faithful Hearts, a non-profit dedicated to helping children with “special” hearts.
“Through our unique philanthropy curriculum, our students are learning to apply the basic tenets of philanthropy beyond the classroom and into their home and community lives, lessons that will stick with them into adulthood,” said Monica Ocampo, Center Director at TLE® Kendall.
The new TLE® location opens in the heart of Kendall, a burgeoning neighborhood with children under the age of 5 accounting for nearly six percent of the population. “The West Kendall community has experienced exponential growth over the past few years, creating a significant need for quality early education for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years,” continued Ocampo. “With an abundance of diverse cultures in the area, we are thrilled to enter the community and offer all families a safe and secure environment for their little ones to receive a well-rounded approach – from baby yoga (Yippee 4 Yoga®) to Mandarin – to their early education.”
TLE®’s brings to Kendall its one-of-a-kind L.E.A.P. (Learning Experience Academic Program) curriculum and enrichment programs which have been developed from more than 30 years of experience in the early education industry. L.E.A.P.®’s well-rounded approach to early learning includes early literacy programs, sign language, manners and etiquette, physical fitness, foreign languages, philanthropy, and many more programs that have proven to dramatically impact the lives of young children.
- Early literacy programs at TLE® have helped ensure nearly 95 percent of TLE® preschoolers enter kindergarten reading.
- Sign language programs for infants and toddlers; sign language has been proven to increase participating children’s IQs 10 to 12 points higher than the IQs of those children who don’t learn to sign at an early age.
- Social programs at TLE® cover topics such as manners and etiquette (Manners Matter®), and encourage students to practice positive decision making, while building confidence.
- A proprietary philanthropy-focused curriculum at TLE® teaches the core tenets of selflessness, generosity and giving at a young age and encourages children to apply such values in the classroom, at home and in the community. TLE®’s unique philanthropy curriculum is believed to be the only nationwide curriculum of its kind.
For more information about TLE® centers and programs, please visit www.thelearningexperience.com.
About The Learning Experience®
The Learning Experience® (TLE®) is a leading provider of child care and early education services and the nation’s fastest growing early learning academy for children ages six weeks to five years old. TLE® offers full and part-time services for children and supplemental after-school services for school-age children.
In line with the national emphasis placed on early childhood education during the most crucial years of development (6 weeks to age 8), TLE® incorporates programs that advance cognitive, social and physical activity in its preschoolers. TLE®’s innovative curriculum programs, such as L.E.A.P®, a cutting-edge proprietary approach to learning which has more than 95 percent of TLE® children graduating preschool reading at a Kindergarten or greater level, are complemented by enrichment programs crucial to advancing learning and overall balance such as philanthropy, baby yoga, music, soccer, and more.
As of February 2014, TLE® has 221 system-wide centers: 150 operating centers (including 21 corporate-owned and 129 franchise-owned) and 71 centers in various forms of development. TLE® is one of the few childcare operators (either Company owned or through a franchise model) that demonstrated positive same-store comparable growth in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
For more information, please visit www.thelearningexperience.com.
SOURCE The Learning Experience®