Sheraton, Westin and Starwood’s Entire Brand Portfolio Empower SPG Members to Reclaim the Weekend
SPG’s New “Weekend Channel” Website
Lets Guests Supercharge Their Weekend
Featuring Exciting Destinations, Local Excursions, Exclusive Travel Offers and More
STAMFORD, Conn. - May 8, 2015 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Whether spent at home, abroad or somewhere in between, Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®), the award-winning loyalty program from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT), believes no weekend should be wasted. SPG’s new Weekend Channel website (spg.com/weekends) provides tips and inspiration to help guests plan their next weekend getaway and make it one to remember.
The SPG Weekend Channel is the ultimate weekend guide designed to help guests leave the office at the office and enjoy the thrill of the weekend. The site was designed to spark guests’ interest in travel with engaging content including:
- The most breathtaking views as seen from our Sheraton Club Lounges across America.
- Insights from local experts with the “Weekend City Picks” guide, including tips from where to find the best New York City pizza to where to take the kids to see paleontologists dusting off new discoveries.
- A list of the hottest beachfront hotels where you can soak up the sun and drink in the best ocean views including those found at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club and the Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront.
- The best farmers’ markets to get delectable local fruits and veggies as told by our acclaimed chefs including Chef Andres Meraz, Executive Chef at the Royal Palm South Beach Miami, a Tribute Portfolio Resort.
- Beautiful photo galleries that let guests take a visual dip in our best pools.
- Updates on the latest apps and gadgets to e-help guests “turn on” their weekends and boost their next trip.
- The RunWESTIN Concierge’s list of running trails that will fit the training schedule of runners of any level
- And so much more.
“Nearly 30 percent of Americans report working during the weekends1,” said Lori Strasberg, Vice President Field Marketing for Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “It’s time to take back the weekend, and the SPG Weekend Channel inspires our members by providing everything they need to build their ultimate weekend.”
SPG is making weekends even sweeter. Starting in June, SPG members can register to earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints on stays of two or more nights that include a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. This offer will be valid at Starwood’s more than 1,200 hotels and resorts around the world through August 31st.
Visit spg.com/weekends to reclaim the weekend and learn more.
About Starwood Preferred Guest
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®) is an innovative, award-winning frequent traveler program that unites each of Starwood’s 10 distinctive hotel brands and includes more luxury hotels in more destinations around the world. SPG reinvented the hospitality loyalty landscape when it launched in 1999 with its breakthrough policy of no blackout dates, and over the years has continued its tradition of innovation with enhancements such as Cash + Points, SPG MomentsSM, and most recently Your24™ and SPG Lifetime™. In addition to Free Night Awards at more than 1,200 hotels and resorts and Award Flights on over 350 major airlines without blackout dates, the Starpoints® that members earn through SPG can be redeemed for access like no other to experiences in music, sports and the arts through SPG Moments. SPG offers the opportunity for meeting and travel professionals to earn rich rewards including Starpoints and elite status through SPG Pro. SPG also has an ongoing commitment to digital innovation to meet the needs of today’s connected global traveler – from the SPG app for iPhone that utilizes state-aware technology to create a more personalized hotel stay to Starwood’s Best Rate Guarantee on SPG.com, to SPG’s integration within various social media platforms. Offerings such as these have helped SPG build a passionate member base among the world’s most frequent travelers. Learn more at spg.com, spg.com/pro and spg.com/moments and connect with us on facebook.com/spg, twitter.com/spg, foursquare.com/spg, pinterest.com/spglife, and youtube.com/spg.
1 American Time Use Survey and Multinational Time Use Study via “Long Workweeks and Strange Hours”
SOURCE Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts