Bennigan’s Kicks Off New Summer Menu with Salute to Heroes
Fourth annual tribute to wounded veterans begins June 8 nationwide.
June 03, 2015 // Franchising.com // DALLAS, TX – Bennigan’s has long been a proud supporter of the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces; and this year, they’re teaming up with two of their favorite beverage partners to do even more.
On June 8, Bennigan’s is launching its “Here’s to our Heroes” campaign, in which a donation will be made for every Budweiser and Murphy-Goode Red Wine sold in any of the chain’s U.S. restaurants. For the third consecutive year, the campaign will benefit the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes, a leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to rebuilding the lives of severely wounded veterans of the global War on Terror.
“The more closely we work with the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes, the more impressed we are with the extraordinary work they do for our combat-wounded veterans,” said Legendary Restaurant Brands CEO & Chairman Paul Mangiamele. “All of us at Bennigan’s are incredibly grateful for the sacrifices made by our men and women in uniform, and we appreciate our friends at Murphy-Goode and Budweiser for partnering with us this year to raise even more funds for the Coalition.”
The “Here’s to our Heroes” campaign is being introduced along with Bennigan’s four new limited-time-only summer menu items:
- Pulled Pork Pub Bites – FIRE-BRAISED™ pork tossed in BBQ sauce, topped with a refreshing avocado slaw and crispy fried onions. Served on toasted brioche buns with pickle chips.
- Korean BBQ Burger – Korean BBQ FIRE-BRAISED™ pork, Pepper Jack cheese, made-from-scratch Sriracha mayonnaise, pickled vegetables, sliced jalapeños and cilantro all piled high on top of a half-pound beef burger. Served with a side of Homestyle French fries seasoned with sea salt.
- Knife & Fork Carnitas Sandwich – FIRE-BRAISED™ pork topped with roasted red bell peppers, Irish whiskey caramelized onions and Pico de Gallo. Smothered with melted Pepper Jack cheese, then topped with avocado slices and a drizzle of housemade chipotle ranch. Served on a garlic butter-toasted Philly roll with a side of Homestyle French fries.
- Loaded Cobb Salad – Fresh mixed greens loaded with Applewood smoked bacon, bleu cheese crumbles, Colby cheese, avocado, tomatoes, eggs and cucumbers. Topped with grilled garlic-marinated chicken and your choice of salad dressing.
Bennigan’s is also introducing two refreshing summertime recipes featuring 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey:
- Big Ginger – 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey and ginger ale, with a fresh lemon and lime wedge.
- Irish Iced Tea – 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey, DeKuyper Peachtree, fresh sour and fresh-brewed iced tea.
Both the “Here’s to our Heroes” campaign and the special summer menu items run through August 23, 2015.
“Once again, we can’t thank Paul and his ‘Bleeding Green’ team at Bennigan’s enough for their unwavering support of the Coalition and the veterans we serve,” said David Walker, president and CEO of the Coalition. “Lest we forget, American men and women are still returning from combat every week broken in mind, body and/or spirit, yet so little support is provided to them. The Coalition steps into the gap to provide a direct, immediate lifeline to thousands of these heroes, and the support from Bennigan’s, Budweiser and Murphy-Goode enables us to serve even more.”
Now with more than 150 restaurants open or under contract worldwide, Bennigan’s is experiencing another year of strong growth while simultaneously redefining casual dining. The company has recently opened new franchise locations in Clarksburg, MD; Katy, TX; Santa Clara, CA; Tysons Corner, VA; Veracruz, Mexico; Larnaca, Cyprus; and Dubai, UAE.
Additional restaurants are planned for Arizona, California, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia; and internationally in Bahrain, Central America, Chile, Cyprus, Kuwait, Mexico, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.
About Legendary Restaurant Brands
Legendary Restaurant Brands owns the iconic Bennigan’s and Steak and Ale brands – the pioneers of casual dining – as well as the fast-casual concept, Bennigan’s On The Fly. Bennigan’s is a high-energy neighborhood restaurant and tavern that is redefining casual dining. With chef-driven food, innovative drinks and warm, friendly Irish hospitality, this Legendary brand delivers memorable dining experiences to every guest and compelling returns to all its franchisees. Steak and Ale is another American classic poised for a triumphant return. Redefined as a 21st Century polished-casual concept, the new Steak and Ale will once again set the standard for affordable steakhouses. Bennigan’s and Steak and Ale will be celebrating their 40th and 50th anniversaries, respectively, in 2016.
For franchising information, visit Bennigans.com or call 855-GOT-BENN.
About The Coalition
The Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes, a 501(c)(3) organization based in Leesburg, VA, has provided an invaluable, immediate lifeline to thousands of America’s wounded veterans since its establishment in 2004. The Coalition is distinguished from other veteran-focused organizations by its direct financial and in-kind assistance to America’s wounded heroes. Its Emergency Financial Aid program has stopped foreclosure proceedings on veterans’ homes and kept their vehicles from being repossessed. The organization regularly provides gift checks to cover meals, medical and utility bills, clothing, car repairs and even baby diapers. For more information, and to learn how you can support its mission, visit SaluteHeroes.org.
SOURCE Legendary Restaurant Brands
Founder & Principal