Beef Jerky Outlet sells 100th Franchise
June 15, 2015 // Franchising.com // Seymour, Tennessee – The Beef Jerky Outlet has just reached a major milestone in the company’s 5-year history, selling its 100th franchise in St. Charles, Missouri. The sale is a testament to Beef Jerky Outlet’s continued growth, which has surged 1,000 percent over the past 18 months.
The latest location was sold to Cory and Norbert Zornizer who will be opening the franchise in St. Charles later this year. The 100th franchise coincidentally was sold on National Jerky Day.
“We saw the segment on Beef Jerky Outlet on national television last year and immediately started researching,” Cory said. “We are so excited to be part of the Beef Jerky Outlet family, and to be recognized as the 100th franchise is just an added bonus.”
Beef Jerky Outlet franchises are located in 23 states around the United States.
“We knew this was going to be a great franchise; I just can’t believe how quickly we sold 100 franchises,” said Paul Lyons, COO and co-founder of Beef Jerky Outlet.
The Beef Jerky Outlet sells more than 200 different kinds and types of the tasty snack, including its newest flavor, “The Reaper,” made from the Carolina Reaper Pepper, the hottest pepper in the world, according to Guinness Book of World Records.
“This franchise has been a dream come true for us,” said President and CEO Scott Parker. “We are looking forward to the next 100 franchises in the coming years.”
This rate of expansion has earned Beef Jerky Outlet an Entrepreneur Magazine Top 500 Franchise qualification. Entrepreneur has also rated Beef Jerky Outlet as No. 22 of the 75 Fastest Growing Franchises. Beef Jerky Outlet has been featured on many major media outlets, including Fox & Friends, Fox Business News and USA Today.
History of Beef Jerky
The word jerky has its origins in the native languages of South America. In the 1800s, the term “jerky” quickly spread across the new world to describe the process of smoking, drying and curing beef. American Indians, cowboys and pioneers made and embraced jerky as easily transportable and long lasting. Jerky has traditionally been the No. 1 favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA has sent it up to our astronauts in space.
Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for lightweight, high protein foods. Jerky is lean, high in protein and nutritional value, and low in calories, carbohydrates and fat (jerky is only 3% fat).
- IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2014, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry.
- Jerky is in the beef snack category - the fastest growing segment of the snack food industry (Convenient Store Decisions, Nov. 2012).
- Our nation’s health craze is fueling the jerky revolution as runners, weight lifters, hikers, and weekend warriors eat it before, during and after exercise.
- Jerky is a popular snack for folks on the trendy Paleo diet which urges consumers to eat foods from their hunter/gatherer ancestors.
- Jerky is catching on for women too, because the cured, low fat snack provides an energy boost without spoiling the diet. A study at Penn State University found physically active women, ages 18–45, consider jerky as more convenient and satisfying than tortilla chips.
- Chefs are now incorporating jerky into their gourmet dishes. You can find jerky on the menus of high end restaurants in Four Seasons hotels and others throughout the country.
About the Beef Jerky Outlet
The Beef Jerky Outlet is the world’s first national beef jerky franchise that has grown to six founder-owned stores, 40 franchise stores, 40 more scheduled to open in the next eighteen months for a total of 55 across the U.S. The Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 200 jerky varieties and sizes including kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk with exotic flavors ranging from Moonshine to Cajun. Founders Paul Lyons and Scott Parker recognized the nation’s sudden passion for beef jerky and opened the first franchise in Destin, Florida. The dried, smoked meat has traditionally been the #1 favorite snack of the military and for years NASA sent jerky up to the astronauts in space. Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for low fat, low calories foods that are high in protein. IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2014, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry. For more information, please visit www.beefjerkyoutlet.com.
SOURCE the Beef Jerky Outlet
Beef Jerky Outlet Franchise, Inc.
O: (586) 246-5405
F: (866) 876-3626
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances