Five Essential Tips To Prepare Kids To Go Back To School
Leading Early Education Provider Offers Insight Into Back-to-School Transition and Announces Fall Open Enrollment
DULUTH, Ga. - July 29, 2015 // PRNewswire // - As the long days of summer begin to fade, children and parents are beginning to think about the start of a new school year. Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies, a national early childhood education franchise with three decades of experience, has prepared the top five tips to help parents and kids transition into the new school year smoothly. Being prepared can ease apprehension and reduce stress that is sometimes associated with a new school year.
- Get on Schedule. If a child's usual bedtime routine has changed over summer, get back into the routine as soon as possible. Children should get a minimum of 8 to 10 hours of sleep, and studies have shown that missing a single hour of sleep can reduce the cognitive maturation process the equivalent of two years. Less sleep is directly correlated to a smaller attention span, less focus and less self-control.
- Take a Field Trip. To dispel the fear of the unknown, take a "field trip" to school and walk around. Remind kids where the cafeteria is, where recess takes place, and where he or she will be picked up and dropped off. Giving a child a chance to become acquainted or reacquainted with a location will make a child less intimidated and more excited to go back to school.
- Treat Your Kids to Fun Gear. Finding the right back-to-school gear can make a big difference in the level of excitement for returning to school. Helping a child find a backpack that he/she loves or a new pair or shoes, will bring a smile to their face. Parents don't have to break the bank to find a practical and fun item that will help ease the transition for any child.
- Meal Prep. Prepare lunches and snacks before the school week begins. Not only will this save time in the morning but it ensures only healthy food is included in the lunch box. Having a balanced diet makes a dramatic impact on the behavior of children.
- Talk it Up. Start talking about the fun that comes with their return to school. Acknowledge it may be hard at first but it will be fun to see old friends and meet new ones. School is a great opportunity for children to learn and grow, and discussing the benefits of school with a child will help in the transition.
About Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies have begun fall enrollment at their nearly 160 schools nationwide. With a nationally awarded curriculum, Kids 'R' Kids provides early education and care for children from six weeks through 12 years of age at its nearly 160 schools located in 16 states across the country. Programs offered to children include infant care, toddler and preschool care, private pre-K and kindergarten, before-and-afterschool care and summer camp. In order to provide even more convenience for families with busy schedules, every Kids 'R' Kids academy remains open during all major school breaks and holidays year-round.
Kids 'R' Kids was the first preschool accredited by AdvancED in America, the world's largest education community. This accreditation ensures its schools are meeting and exceeding the highest accreditation standards and providing excellence in education beyond most daycare and childcare providers.
For more information, or to enroll your child at a Kids 'R' Kids academy, please visit KidsRKids.com or call 770-279-7777.
About Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies
Headquartered in the North Atlanta suburb of Duluth, Ga., Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies provide a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children ages six weeks - 12 years to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. With nearly 160 learning academies in 16 states, Kids 'R' Kids International® is a family-owned and operated organization that ranks in the top 10 nationwide for franchised early childhood education centers (www.kidsrkids.com).
SOURCE Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies