The Maids: Simplify your Back-to-School Routine
Cleaning experts from The Maids offer these tips to simplify your back-to-school routine.
(PRWEB) August 25, 2015 - The dog days of summer are coming to an end and soon school bells will ring. If the summer days derailed your housecleaning efforts, now is a great time to get back into a routine and get your family to be part of it. Before you find yourself dashing to and from fall events, simplify your routine with these tips from the cleaning experts at The Maids.
- Keep it, or toss it. Back-to-school is a great time to purge old clothing that no longer fits, or has seen a little too much love. Have kids put on a fashion show to determine which duds to keep, and which to toss. Use this as an opportunity to determine what new items you need to purchase for the fall season.
- Bring order to the bathroom. Help kids rid their bathroom of last seasons products and worn out headbands. Give them everything they need to streamline morning grooming routines and place it all in their own tote. This way, if your kids share a bathroom, they can avoid the “it’s not my mess” argument because ideally, their products will be safely stored in their totes.
- Plan ahead. Now is a great time to teach your kids time-management. Have them map out their week on a calendar that will be posted somewhere prominent. Track things like practices, games, events, meetings and large school projects. This can help prevent the last-minute drama of building a diorama of the solar system the night before it’s due. In turn saving you, and your child, unnecessary stress.
- Create a drop zone. Tired of tripping over backpacks in the middle of the night? Or scrambling to find one the next morning as you’re trying to get the kids out the door? Create a designated drop zone near the garage door to avoid stubbed toes and missing homework.
- Get into a routine. Ease kids back into their new schedule. Starting a few weeks before the first day of school, wake kids before their normal mid-day wake up time. Start implementing an earlier bedtime. This will ease the stress of those early-morning practices and wake-up calls.
- Celebrate the first day. Make the first day of school special by prepping your child’s favorite breakfast. Not a morning person? Go out for ice cream or make a special dinner to mark the occasion.
- Start with a clean slate. Have kids get their bedrooms back into shape in the weeks before the official start of school. By proactively organizing, you reduce the odds of being late for school because of a missing shoe, or backpack, or the family hamster who was slated for show-and-tell.
Don’t under estimate the ability of a clean home to aid in overall organization and peace of mind this back-to-school season. Want help tackling those chores? Contact The Maids to get your free, no-obligation estimate today. Visit http://www.maids.com to find the location nearest you.
About The Maids
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (http://www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids
The Maids International
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances