World of Beer Taverns Continue to Evolve Food Concept — Extending Fall Menu to Taverns Nationwide
Fall Plates & Pints Menu Celebrates Fall Flavors and Boosts Franchise’s Food Offerings
September 16, 2015 // Franchising.com // Tampa, Fla. - Autumn is just around the corner, and year after year, the return to cooler weather and seasonal traditions is supported by a swell of fall flavors in food and beverage offerings across the nation.
With the “pumpkin spice” craze at its peak, restaurants are continuing to find ways to convey the feelings, memories and flavors of fall through food offerings for their customers to enjoy, and World of Beer Franchising, Inc. is no exception.
For the first time ever, the 70-plus tavern franchise will be offering a seasonal menu highlighting the comforts and flavor profiles of fall. Designed by Chef Mark Adair, the savory bites provide a modern take on comfort-food classics. Delicious on their own or perfectly matched to fall beer, the plates are designed to share. Menu highlights include:
- Habanero Pumpkin Spiced Wings – A collaboration with Oskar Blues chef Jason Rogers, these wings are tossed in a sweet and spicy glaze made with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and Jamaican allspice kicked up with habanero chilies and rounded out with a nutty brown ale reduction. Enjoy them with: a brown ale.
- Dogfish Head Meatloaf Sliders – These “off-centered” mini meatloaf sandwiches were concocted with Dogfish Head Brewery Executive Chef Kevin Downing. This pork and beef meatloaf is topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms and smothered with a savory gravy made with Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. Try it with: a porter.
- Southwest Skillet Cornbread – Sweet corn and roasted pepper infused cornbread cooked to order in a cast iron skillet and topped with a fresh salad of arugula, roasted corn, peppers and queso fresco. Served with chili-lime butter. Savor it with: a pale ale.
- Colorado Chili – A rich and savory steak, chorizo and red bean chili is spiced with roasted red chilies. Served with sour cream, onions and cilantro on the side for mix-ins. Pairs perfectly with: a stout.
- Pimento Cheese Board – House made pimento cheese spread topped with our sweet and savory bacon jam. Served with celery and charred garlic toast. Goes great with: a Märzen.
Celebrating the popularity of craft beer and its culture, World of Beer has more than 70 taverns in more than 21 states. Each tavern has 50 rotating daily taps so guests will discover something new and unique on every visit. In 2013, the tavern franchise debuted its signature “Tavern Fare” menu that includes signature items such as: a Giant Bavarian Pretzel, Guinness “Brat” Sliders and the Chimay Burger topped with melted Chimay cheese made at the brewery in Belgium.
About World of Beer
World of Beer (WOB) is an uncommon establishment where the experience is as essential as the product. Centered on a diverse selection of local and global craft beers, delicious “tavern fare” and live music, WOB offers the best craft variety on the planet to the beer aficionado and casual beer fan alike. For more information, please visit www.wobusa.com.
SOURCE World of Beer
O: (312) 274.3349
M: (717) 413-0370