Kids "R" Kids: Five Steps Toward Ensuring Your Baby's Safety
Leading Early Education Provider Offers Tips for Baby Safety Month
DULUTH, Ga. - Sept. 22, 2015 // PRNewswire // - Did you know that September is Baby Safety Month? Activities and promotions throughout the month increase consumer awareness of safety issues and the safe selection and use of baby products. Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies, a national early childhood education franchise with three decades of experience, is committed to providing children a safe and secure learning environment. To help spread awareness of how families can keep their babies safe, Kids 'R' Kids has provided the below tips for infant safety:
- Monitor for Product Recalls. Children's products are recalled often and parents should commit to seeking recall information at least once a month to ensure their child's toys and furnishings are safe. An easy way to keep in the know is by signing up for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) free subscription email service for product recall notices. Parents can sign up at http://www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx.
- Securing a Safe Play Zone. Whether a parent, relative or babysitter is watching an infant, it's important to have a safe play space for the baby. Hidden hazards in a room can include magnets, loose change, loose rugs or carpets, liquid laundry pods, as well as cords and button batteries. Removing these items from the playroom can eliminate hazards and ensure a baby's safety.
- Use Safe Household Cleaning Products. Floors, especially carpets, are attractions for sand, road salt, feces, dust mites, dirt, and pet dander. It's natural to cringe when thinking about an infant lying or crawling on dirty floors. Yet, cleaning floors with toxic chemicals like ammonia and chlorine bleach may induce respiratory irritations and headaches. Parents should look for cleaners that are plant-based with designations like "nontoxic," have a short list of ingredients and read all instruction labels. Everyday kitchen items such as white vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice can also be used. In any situation, all cleaners should be kept away from your child's reach.
- Childproof Your Yard. The same caution used indoors should also be carried outdoors, especially if a yard is not fenced. A baby can crawl like an athlete when his or her curiosity is stimulated by the sight of traffic or other exciting enticements.
- Ensure a Safe Sleeping Environment. When selecting a crib, parents should take many things into consideration, such as not purchasing an older, used crib, as it could be missing parts; ensuring all hardware is tight fitting and secure; buying a mattress that fits snugly in the crib frame to prevent the child from getting wedged and suffocating; and making sure corner posts do not extend more than 1/16th of an inch above the end panel and other posts are not more than 2 3/8th inches apart to prevent the child from getting stuck.
At Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies, a child's safety is one of the highest concerns. Each Learning Academy is equipped with the latest technology and its staff are fully trained to ensure every safety measure is being taken. Some of Kids 'R' Kids safety features include electronic secure coded entry; extensive background checks and Federal screenings; security cameras that can be monitored remotely by parents through a password-protected website; and tempered glass walls and doors so all classrooms are visible.
With a nationally awarded curriculum, Kids 'R' Kids provides early education and care for children from six weeks through 12 years of age at its nearly 160 schools located in 16 states across the country. Programs offered to children include infant care, toddler and preschool care, private pre-K and kindergarten, before-and-afterschool care and summer camp. In order to provide even more convenience for families with busy schedules, every Kids 'R' Kids Academy remains open during all major school breaks and school holidays year-round.
Kids 'R' Kids is the first preschool to be accredited by AdvancED in America, the world's largest education community. This accreditation ensures its schools are meeting and exceeding the highest accreditation standards and providing excellence in education beyond most daycare and childcare providers.
For more information, or to enroll your child at a Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy, please visit KidsRKids.com or call 770-279-7777.
About Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies
Headquartered in the North Atlanta suburb of Duluth, Ga., Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies provide a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children ages six weeks - 12 years to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. With nearly 160 learning academies in 16 states, Kids 'R' Kids International® is a family-owned and operated organization that ranks in the top 10 nationwide for franchised early childhood education centers (www.kidsrkids.com).
SOURCE Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies