Beef Jerky Outlets Collecting Jerky To Give Out To Troops Ahead Of Vets Day
November 03, 2015 // Franchising.com // In honor of Veterans Day, Beef Jerky Outlets are collecting bags of beef jerky to donate to troops ahead of the holiday season when many troops will not be able to spend time with their families.
Beef Jerky is the No. 1 favorite snack of U.S. military members, so each local Beef Jerky Outlet is collecting jerky in a barrel at the front of the store throughout the months of November and December. Customers will receive 10 percent off bags they choose to donate. At the end of the promotion, the bags of jerky collected inside the barrels will be donated to local troops.
The Beef Jerky Outlet has more than 200 different varieties of jerky that range from regular and honey barbecue, to more exotic flavors like elk, kangaroo and alligator.
I would like to setup an interview with our corporate team to discuss this promotion as local communities are looking to donate to those who serve our great nation.
Please feel free to contact me to setup this story. I also have plenty of photos of barrels that have been filled up to this date. You can call me at any time at 919.459.8165 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
History of Beef Jerky
The word jerky has its origins in the native languages of South America. In the 1800s, the term “jerky” quickly spread across the new world to describe the process of smoking, drying and curing beef. American Indians, cowboys and pioneers made and embraced jerky as easily transportable and long lasting. Jerky has traditionally been the No. 1 favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA has sent it up to our astronauts in space.
Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for lightweight, high protein foods. Jerky is lean, high in protein and nutritional value and low in calories, carbohydrates and fat (jerky is only 3 percent fat).
- IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2014, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry.
- Jerky is in the beef snack category - the fastest growing segment of the snack food industry (Convenient Store Decisions, Nov. 2012).
- Our nation’s health craze is fueling the jerky revolution as runners, weight lifters, hikers, and weekend warriors eat it before, during and after exercise.
- Jerky is a popular snack for folks on the trendy Paleo diet which urges consumers to eat foods from their hunter/gatherer ancestors.
- Jerky is catching on for women, too, because the cured, low fat snack provides an energy boost without spoiling the diet. A study at Penn State University found physically active women, ages 18–45, consider jerky more convenient and satisfying than tortilla chips.
- Chefs are now incorporating jerky into their gourmet dishes. You can find jerky on the menus of high end restaurants in Four Seasons hotels and others throughout the country.
About the Beef Jerky Outlet
The Beef Jerky Outlet is the world’s first national beef jerky franchise that has grown to six founder owned stores, 44 opened franchise stores, and in the next eighteen months more than 100 across the U.S. The Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 200 jerky varieties and sizes including kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk with exotic flavors ranging from Moonshine to Cajun. Founders Paul Lyons and Scott Parker recognized the nation’s sudden passion for beef jerky and opened the first franchise in Destin, Florida. The dried, smoked meat has traditionally been the No. 1 favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA sent jerky up to the astronauts in space. Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for low fat, low calories foods that are high in protein. IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2014, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry. For more information, please visit www.beefjerkyoutlet.com.
SOURCE Beef Jerky Outlet